Little Bean

MINI Cooper Bike Rack

Everyone, i need help....:banghead: Okay, i need help with the Mini Cooper Bike holder i bought from an individual this summer. Several of the security screws are worn pretty badly and i want to replace them. However, Mini USA and one of the local dealers has been of no help. I also have tried lowes, grangers, Ace, etc hardware stores with no results. Anyone know where i can get the correct screws, their sizes, pitch, etc and or who makes the bike rack base and touring bike holder for Mini?

Evan

Drivin like a Bulldog on Coffee

I am in need of replacing the original screws that hold the plates, etc, to hold the touring bike holder to the base rack.

I work in a manufacturing plant and have all kinds of wierd screws/bolts. If you can get me the screw or dimensions of it I will see what I can find.

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

Hi IndiCooper

it is the one that attaches to the roof base rack. I am in need of replacing the original screws that hold the plates, etc, to hold the touring bike holder to the base rack.

...try the local bicycle shops around town...

cp

:motor:

I think I'd pull one of them and make a stop at a local hardware store. Home Depot usually has a good supply of metric nuts, bolts, washers and the like.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Well don't waste your time with Home Depot, Lowes, Graingers, Ace hardware. Covered them and Fastenal in Rockville. No go but they said to look at their website. So one place was good enough to give me the length, thread pitch, size and correct name of the screw. Will look online and let everyone know just in case it helps somebody else.

Little Bean

Drivin like a Bulldog on Coffee

If you can, please post those dimensions and maybe some of us can pitch in to try to find them. A good close up photo would be good too.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold