Audiophile

A new R59!

+1 for the "Auto Sport +" from FES Auto. It allows you to program the Sport or DSC button for start up (Great for Autocross use so you don't forget to turn off the DSC). It also gives you two "Stealth" circuits that can be used to activate low power devices or to control relays for low power devices by performing a quick double tap on the button. My DSC button controls power to a device that I like to be able to turn off/on without having to reach to the device. With a relay, this could also power auxillary lights.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

+1 for the "Auto Sport +" from FES Auto. It allows you to program the Sport or DSC button for start up (Great for Autocross use so you don't forget to turn off the DSC). It also gives you two "Stealth" circuits that can be used to activate low power devices or to control relays for low power devices by performing a quick double tap on the button. My DSC button controls power to a device that I like to be able to turn off/on without having to reach to the device. With a relay, this could also power auxillary lights.

Ahhhh, yet another item I need you to share with me tomorrow (reminder re my bumper. I haven't done anything with it as I've been motoring the last couple of weekends).

P.S. - I have a stick, so does the "Auto Sport +" really do anything for me?

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

The Sport button seems to make the handling, SLIGHTLY sharper... mostly it just makes the car "fart" as my fiance calls it. :hahaha:

And some oogling time...

front_low_blck.JPG

back_side.JPG

wheel.JPG

:motor::motor::motor::motor:

2012 Cooper S Roadster - H/K sound and bum warmers :)

The Sport button seems to make the handling, SLIGHTLY sharper... mostly it just makes the car "fart" as my fiance calls it. :hahaha:

Sexy she is!!

I didn't notice my buggy being any more...musical...than usual. Ran it with the sport button on thru Rock Creek Sat on my way to the M&G. Steering seemed stiffer, like my power steering fluid was low, but nothing more. Does it make a difference if you have a stick (like I do) or automatic?

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Sexy she is!!

I didn't notice my buggy being any more...musical...than usual. Ran it with the sport button on thru Rock Creek Sat on my way to the M&G. Steering seemed stiffer, like my power steering fluid was low, but nothing more. Does it make a difference if you have a stick (like I do) or automatic?

I think they brought the burble back in 2012. I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong. So yours is a 2011, it won't have as much of a sound. I'm thinking that's the difference.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Speaking in regards to 2nd Gen only:

Yep, the "pops and burbles" are there with the sport button on. The sport button also changes the steering (just a little "heavier") and it changes the throttle mapping. Since the MINI has a "drive by wire" throttle and not a direct connection, the way it responds can be tweaked. I think it was 2011 that MINI brought back the "pops and burbles" for everyone and it was just JCW before that. You'll only hear it coming off throttle and it seems it's not there at higher RPM's/speeds as much as it is lower.

With regards to the throttle mapping - The Alta Access Port (AP) offeres up several tunes that come with the device and in each "stage", there are maps that have a .tps in the file name. After some experimenting, I've found that the tps maps have the same power (HP/TQ) as the others but the throttle response is rather mushy/slow - much like the non-sport mode response and it's not linear (pedal movement doesn't equal response). The engine actually feels as though it "bogs down" as you are stepping on the pedal and then the response comes in pretty quick. There's nothing like stepping on it as you pull out into oncoming traffic and having the car feel like it's doing a NASA countdown to launch. 4, 3, 2, 1, Blastoff!

When the non tps maps are installed, it's crisp and responsive and the more linear feel of the throttle is very comforting.

Oh, with the non tps maps, the "pops and burbles" are always on.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold