so i have been looking at some suspension things springs rear control arms and also sway bars. what is the difference between a 19mm and a 22mm? and is there one that is better then the other? i am going to be getting my spring put on my car soon and after that im think im going for a sway bar so i will be looking very soon

thanks

chris

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

Thickness, usually is the primary difference. However, once you get to a certain size, the bars are hollow. So the extra diameter compensates for this. Same stiffness, light weight is my guess as to why.

Some bars have 2-3 holes on the ends, so you can adjust the stiffness for say, street vs track. NM Engineering is a popular sway bar. I think when I had mine swapped out at the Dragon, Way Motor Works installed an hSport adjustable. It made a noticeable difference over stock, and the price was right.

Check out Mach V, Dan sells a few different models and he could tell you the differences, if any.

Good luck! :top:

a 19 mm bar will make a major difference in handling, even on the softest setting. A 22mm bar will REALLY make a difference. I'd suggest a novice or timid driver stick with a 19mm bar and go no higher than a middle setting. After a year or so of "spirited" driving, maybe go to the firmest setting. Even on soft, you'll feel the rear "come around" when cornering. It really helps the front end turn and the rear rotate.

To that end, a 22mm bar will make the rear come around faster and not always what you wan ton the street,especially in a panic situation and a less than skilled driver. I'd go with a real firm setting at an autocross course, that'll help the rear drive the car around tight corners. On a road course. MAYBE a 22 on a mid or a soft setting and maybe a 19mm on stiff. For the street, an experienced driver will like a 19mm on the middle setting and an newbie will still feel an amazing difference on soft.

But I'd caution anyone to go with a soft setting at first and learn the car. They have a good deal of understeer or "push" designed into them. It's safer. But adding a rear bar will loosen the car. Start soft and learn the feel of the car. You'll enjoy it more.

a 19 mm bar will make a major difference in handling, even on the softest setting. A 22mm bar will REALLY make a difference. I'd suggest a novice or timid driver stick with a 19mm bar and go no higher than a middle setting. After a year or so of "spirited" driving, maybe go to the firmest setting. Even on soft, you'll feel the rear "come around" when cornering. It really helps the front end turn and the rear rotate.

To that end, a 22mm bar will make the rear come around faster and not always what you wan ton the street,especially in a panic situation and a less than skilled driver. I'd go with a real firm setting at an autocross course, that'll help the rear drive the car around tight corners. On a road course. MAYBE a 22 on a mid or a soft setting and maybe a 19mm on stiff. For the street, an experienced driver will like a 19mm on the middle setting and an newbie will still feel an amazing difference on soft.

But I'd caution anyone to go with a soft setting at first and learn the car. They have a good deal of understeer or "push" designed into them. It's safer. But adding a rear bar will loosen the car. Start soft and learn the feel of the car. You'll enjoy it more.

thank you this help out a lot

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.