cmcveay

BMWNCC Auto Cross School - Last of the season

Please note that MINI owners have first dibs on the 16 slots for the March 17th first school. But if it fills up or you can't make that date the other two schools are open to everyone who is a BMWCCA member.

For the 2012 season BMWCCA is now requiring all NCC Autocross participants (for events and schools) to be registered BMWCCA members for insurance purposes. We are offering a free points event to anyone who signs up for membership. So sign up soon so that we can get your free event in the system! Please see this post for details!

*** DISCLAIMER ***

This event is hosted by another club, vendor or other non-affiliated individual, it is not organized by DCMM. It is posted here for informational purposes only and DCMM accepts no responsibility for the event planning nor what takes place during the event. Participants shall expect to be subject to the rules and guidelines set forth by the event organizer(s).

*** DISCLAIMER ***

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

If anyone want's to get in on this school now let me know. Registration isn't officially open but I can provide a link to register early.

Phil

Nube question: What is this? It appears to be racing school, but I'd really just like to know how to handle my car better in extremes. In my youth I'd figure it out via trail & error...I'm not so young any more and would be fine with a formal class :laugh:

So is this only for Racer-X proteges or can anyone with a yearn to learn jump in?

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Nube question: What is this? It appears to be racing school, but I'd really just like to know how to handle my car better in extremes. In my youth I'd figure it out via trail & error...I'm not so young any more and would be fine with a formal class :laugh:

So is this only for Racer-X proteges or can anyone with a yearn to learn jump in?

Well it sounds like it may be a little of both. Our schools are primarily for people who want to try autocross or better improve their skills. But it sounds like it would meet your needs as well. You would definitely learn how to handle your car in extremes!

Take a look at our website at nccautocross.com. I've also attached a video of one of my runs in my 04 MCS at our last event. Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be glad to help!

Phil

Phil I want in for my husband and I please.

Here's the link. http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/B113669E-D401-EB60-B7827E9C70233A27

Let me know if you have any questions.

Everyone-I'm going to open this up for public registration in the next few days so if you want in, now's your chance. :biggrin:

Phil

I took it in March, will they let me take it again? I'm a slow learner :biggrin:

I know my husband Mark wants to take it for sure, he missed the one in March.

I wanted to also wanted to say that autocross has helped me a lot in my driving skills. At the Dragon last week I was much more confident on the twisty roads and that was because of autocross. It helped me to understand the limits of my car and what it will and won't do. It helped me to also understand steering techniques and how to power through a turn.

I didn't drive the twisties of the Dragon with the intensity of autocross, because that would not be very smart. At autocross there's no stone wall or cliff so you can go all out safely. That kind of safe situation allowed me to really learn my car.

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Phil

I took it in March, will they let me take it again? I'm a slow learner :biggrin:

Ali

We reserve first registration for novices. We have so many people who want in we are forced to do it this way. We will offer remaining spots to people who have taken the class before a few days before the school. Sorry:frown:

I guess it wasn't necessary to know. I think I've registered the both of us. Yeah!

It's not required for the school. For a points event you would be in S2 if your car is a MCS and it's stock.

BTW, you don't have to attend a school first to come autocross with us. We have instructors at each event that will be happy to help guide you through the day. Plus the more MINI's the merrier!!:biggrin:

Here's the link. http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/B113669E-D401-EB60-B7827E9C70233A27

Let me know if you have any questions.

Everyone-I'm going to open this up for public registration in the next few days so if you want in, now's your chance. :biggrin:

(More) nube questions:

• I'm using my own car, correct?

• Am I going to need to put my car in for alignments, etc after this class?

(More) nube questions:

• I'm using my own car, correct?

• Am I going to need to put my car in for alignments, etc after this class?

You will use your own car

The tires will get eaten up if you really do it right. Some people that get serious will have a set of tires just for autocross.

It's fairly low speed, as in you won't get out of second gear, but you will feel like you're driving faster. It's a huge adrenaline rush to race through those cones and read the course.

Tggrrr010.jpg

You will use your own car

The tires will get eaten up if you really do it right. Some people that get serious will have a set of tires just for autocross.

It's fairly low speed, as in you won't get out of second gear, but you will feel like you're driving faster. It's a huge adrenaline rush to race through those cones and read the course.

So I need to be prepared to replace my RFT the same day (or am I NOT doing this class in the OEM RFTs?)

So I need to be prepared to replace my RFT the same day (or am I NOT doing this class in the OEM RFTs?)

They won't be destroyed, they're going to take on more wear though. I've done class and one autocross (plus a week of hard driving at the Dragon) and the edges of my tires show it. But the base of the tire is fine.

autocross is hard on the tires so if you do it a lot, you'll wear them out faster

Tggrrr010.jpg

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I'm not getting notifications to replies again.

For a school your tires will be fine. There are some people who run their stock tires all the time. However Ali is right, you will experience a little more wear. But it won't wear them out. I usually go an entire season or two on my set of race tires and they wear much faster than RFT's. Just make sure that you add 5 to 7 lbs to your tires before the event and you'll be fine. :top:

If you have any more questions you can also email me at info@nccautocross.com.

Thanks!!

Phil

So what kind of mechanical things could disqualify our MINIs from going? My MINI is making a sound and I've already contacted PMoA to see if I need to bring her in but I don't want to do anything that might keep her at PMoA over the weekend or try to get a rush job done if it will disqualify me.

Signature.JPG

So what kind of mechanical things could disqualify our MINIs from going? My MINI is making a sound and I've already contacted PMoA to see if I need to bring her in but I don't want to do anything that might keep her at PMoA over the weekend or try to get a rush job done if it will disqualify me.

The tech inspection is not super detailed. They check your tires to make sure they won't fall off. They have you rev the engine and make sure it drops and doesn't stick. I think that's pretty much it.

Tggrrr010.jpg

They also check to make sure you've removed everything from your car. Literally, EVERYTHING, including floormats. I leave the rear floor mats and the boot liner, but everything else comes out.

If you haven't already, getting a plastic bin to put everything in is a good idea. If it rains, you don't want your stuff getting wet. (I learned the hard way.)

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea. You do get a lunch break and there are quite a few places nearby, but not having to leave would be easier.

When we had our school in March, they didn't have the bathrooms open, so we had to drive over to the gas station near the stadium. Hopefully you guys won't have to do that.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

For those that might want to come and watch here is the "schedule & tips" email they sent last week:

Schedule for the day:

9:00AM: Student check in

9:15AM: Instructor introduction/Brief classroom instruction

9:30AM: Tech inspection basics

10:00AM: Morning driving session

12:00PM: Lunch

12:45PM: Brief classroom instruction

1:00PM: Drivers meeting

1:15PM: Guided coursewalk

1:30PM: Instructor rides

1:45PM: Grid/Work assignments

2:00PM: Full course driving session

4:00PM: Students work course/Instructors drive

4:30PM: Clean-up

A few helpful tips:

• Before leaving home, please clean out any unnecessary items from your vehicle. This includes empty beer cans under your seat and the fuzzy pink dice on your rearview mirror.
  • It is suggested that you air your vehicles tires to 4 psi above recommended pressure in the drivers doorjamb. Most cars benefit from this additional pressure and it is much easier to remove air instead of adding air.
  • Wear clothes fitting to the weather conditions. Please no open toe shoes.
  • Bring a folding chair so that you may have something to sit on during instructional sessions (camping style chairs work great).
  • If rain is a probability, it's best to bring rain gear, extra socks and shoes, and something waterproof to enclose anything removed from your vehicle for participation. (Remember that we need to remove anything from the vehicle that could become a projectile.)
  • If sun is a probability, bring sunscreen.

See you when you get there :laugh: