cmcveay

BMWNCC Auto Cross - Bowie MD

For the 2012 season BMWCCA is now requiring all NCC Autocross participants (for events and schools) to be registered BMWCCA members for insurance purposes. We are offering a free points event to anyone who signs up for membership. So sign up soon so that we can get your free event in the system! Please see this post for details!

*** DISCLAIMER ***

This event is hosted by another club, vendor or other non-affiliated individual, it is not organized by DCMM. It is posted here for informational purposes only and DCMM accepts no responsibility for the event planning nor what takes place during the event. Participants shall expect to be subject to the rules and guidelines set forth by the event organizer(s).

*** DISCLAIMER ***

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Ali, you were looking decidedly racy yesterday. But then again you had a leg up on everyone with your bionic knee! :rofl:

Good show. Hope the leg is doing alright today.

Mark, loved watching your "three wheel" drift thru the fast right hander at the top of the hill. Sorry I couldn't catch on film.

Ali, you were looking decidedly racy yesterday. But then again you had a leg up on everyone with your bionic knee! :rofl:

Good show. Hope the leg is doing alright today.

Mark, loved watching your "three wheel" drift thru the fast right hander at the top of the hill. Sorry I couldn't catch on film.

Thanks Sherm!

It was great seeing you guys. You and Miss Peal were looking pretty speedy yourselves.

It was such a fun day, esp when we got the fun runs at the end. Was the 3 wheel drift when I was driving Max?

I still have to learn to get more aggressive, I can do it!!!!

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'm curious as to how much Autocross costs and how much track time you get. (Trying to decide if I want to get into Autocross)

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"BLAK" 2007 MCS , Hypersport Body Kit, Alta 3" Cat-back exhaust, DoS CAI - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm curious as to how much Autocross costs and how much track time you get. (Trying to decide if I want to get into Autocross)

Thanks

Here's a link to the details

http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?7548-10-13-2012-Autocross-Regency-Furniture-Stadium

We usually get 4 - 5 runs per session (an AM and a PM session). There are two heats per session, you work the course for one heat and then run the other heat. Mark and I try to do both sessions whenever we can, as we want seat time. If you're going for points and do all day only the morning sessions times count. We pay $45 for all day, normally that's 8 or 10 runs total.

This last Saturday we got an additional 30 minutes of fun runs. I was beat and only did two extra runs but Mark got in 4 runs more and was thrilled to have 12 runs for the day. Of course during the fun runs no one is working the course and the cones get mauled. Still the timer is running and you get seat time.

There are free instructors and everyone is super friendly. I really like the atmosphere at the NCC autocross, it's a super nice group of people.

Tggrrr010.jpg

Thanks to everyone for coming out and supporting the program!! The MINI turnout has been better than ever and we love it!!

I broke down the results for the MINI's that attended. Congrats to Sherman for the best time of the day for a MINI at 48.849:top:

Event 5 MINI Results.pdf

Event 5 MINI Results.pdf

OK. I really enjoyed the video...............

But how do you know where to turn? :banghead:

You learn how to read the cones. The first time it was very confusing, but now they actually make sense.

there are different configurations of cones that mean different things, it's fairly intuitive. A cone laying down is a pointer cone, it points in the direction that you should be passing the cone. If you see a square of cones that's a box, you drive through the middle

If you see a line of cones treat it like a wall

It's not hard :biggrin:

Tggrrr010.jpg

We would love to have you! If your not a BMWCCA member you can come out and ride along with one of us. The 10/13 event in Waldorf is the final points event of the year.

Thanks for the ride offer, but I don't want to be weighing anyone down during a timed event. Is 10/13 the next event?

Does BMWCCA membership run from Jan 1 to Dec 31 or is it 365 days from join date?

Edited by Nanite

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"BLAK" 2007 MCS , Hypersport Body Kit, Alta 3" Cat-back exhaust, DoS CAI - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks for the ride offer, but I don't want to be weighing anyone down during a timed event. Is 10/13 the next event?

Does BMWCCA membership run from Jan 1 to Dec 31 or is it 365 days from join date?

It's a full one year membership. And if you register now you can get the 10/13 event for free. http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?7578-Become-A-Member-Autocross-For-Free!

Thanks to everyone for coming out and supporting the program!! The MINI turnout has been better than ever and we love it!!

I broke down the results for the MINI's that attended. Congrats to Sherman for the best time of the day for a MINI at 48.849:top:

It's interesting to see that out of the top 7 MINI's, 3 are non JCW/GP and out of the five fastest times 3 (including the two fastest) are from MCS's, not JCW/GP's.

Just for clarification, Mark's 09 MCS is a JCW and Haemish's 05 MINI MCS is essentially a GP or at the very least, a JCW.

And then it's interesting to look at the colors. Everyone seems to know what color their MINI is, except Ali. Tggrr is simply "Hot"...

It's interesting to see that out of the top 7 MINI's, 3 are non JCW/GP and out of the five fastest times 3 (including the two fastest) are from MCS's, not JCW/GP's.

Just for clarification, Mark's 09 MCS is a JCW and Haemish's 05 MINI MCS is essentially a GP or at the very least, a JCW.

And then it's interesting to look at the colors. Everyone seems to know what color their MINI is, except Ali. Tggrr is simply "Hot"...

I did enter Tigger as a Hot Orange but somewhere along the way he just became HOT. It's not my fault that people can see him for his true color :biggrin:

During the Fun Runs Mark and I switched cars. I did worse in Max then I did in Tigger. Part of it was probably because I was really tired by then and I had to adjust to the car. His handles so differently then mine. Mark of course was faster in Tigger then I was, but didn't get below 50 seconds. I think if he had a few more tries he could have gotten Tigger near the times that Max had.

Tggrrr010.jpg

I had to give you a hard time about that!

You are right though, the 1st and 2nd Gen's do handle very differently and the difference in power (how much, when and how it builds) really makes a difference. If If I'm not mistaken, the turbo's power comes in earlier and builds faster (very non linear) whereas the supercharger builds a little slower and keeps increasing but it's more linear so it's more predictable. The 2nd Gens are heavier and the steering can be a little less responsive. The one place that 2nd Gens rule over 1st Gen is in braking... Haemish and Mr. OEM would be the exception to that since he's managed to jam a set of 2nd Gen JCW brakes into his car.

I had to give you a hard time about that!

You are right though, the 1st and 2nd Gen's do handle very differently and the difference in power (how much, when and how it builds) really makes a difference. If If I'm not mistaken, the turbo's power comes in earlier and builds faster (very non linear) whereas the supercharger builds a little slower and keeps increasing but it's more linear so it's more predictable. The 2nd Gens are heavier and the steering can be a little less responsive. The one place that 2nd Gens rule over 1st Gen is in braking... Haemish and Mr. OEM would be the exception to that since he's managed to jam a set of 2nd Gen JCW brakes into his car.

That's pretty much what Mark was describing. He really loves the steering on Tigger. I think he liked having a chance to drive both cars on the course.

Tggrrr010.jpg

Yep, it definitely shows how experience matters much more than the car itself. Not to mention that the fastest times were stock/showroom class, not tuned. Some of us (myself included) have to get a lot more seat time under our belt. :angel:
Actually, mine is a JCW - a 1st Gen JCW, but a JCW. It came from the factory as an S (JCWs weren't a factory option in 2005), but the 1st Gen JCWs involved a full conversion kit (including cylinder head, injectors, etc - installed before I even took delivery of the car). It's definitely not a GP though, even though I have some GP parts - it's way too heavy. I have every last option available, plus some extra stuff like 50lb of soundproofing! GPs are the exact opposite - as few options as possible to reduce the weight (including lack of rear seats). I probably have one of the heaviest 1st Gen JCWs in existence. :laugh:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129