Edge

The Muppets!

Hey everyone - ever since it was was first announced, I've been looking forward to seeing the new Muppets movie. I grew up on the Muppets and still think they are awesome - doing a wonderful job of appealing to both kids and adults alike. The new movie just came out last Wednesday before Thanksgiving weekend.

If you want to see it but haven't had a chance yet (or heck, if you HAVE seen it and want to see it again!), then join me late this coming Friday evening for a Muppety fun time!

Please note that I am aiming for a "late" showing in order to make it more adult-friendly (and less crowded?). :biggrin:

WHERE: AMC Hoffman Center

206 Swamp Fox Road, Alexandria, VA 22314

WHEN: Friday December 2. Meet at approx. 9pm (in the front of the theater). The movie starts at 9:35pm.

MOVIE LENGTH: 1hr 38min

COST: $11.50/adult

Here are some fun previews!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

So the movie times are out for Friday now... the choices are 9:35pm or 11pm. Crap. :frown:

Thoughts? I'm guessing 11pm will truly be too late for most people, as we wouldn't realistically get out of the theater until ~1am (after commercials, previews, etc at the start).

The question is... will the 9:35pm show be late enough to still be not too crowded and noisy?

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

OK - I'll modify the event times, but unfortunately it will mean the RSVPs will be lost and have to be re-entered... I'll PM the folks involved to let them know.

Not sure if this link will work, but it's to buy advanced tickets:

If you buy in advance they give you two Muppet song downloads from iTunes!!!

Edited by TGGRRR
Made link look prettier :)

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Not sure if this link will work, but it's to buy advanced tickets:

Yep, it works... but there's a $1 convenience fee (per ticket!) to do it that way, unless you're a member of AMC Stubs - then the fee is waived. Just making sure people know that in advance.

It turns out that I am an AMC Stubs member, so if anyone wants me to buy their ticket(s) for them, I will be happy to do so - and you can just repay me at the theater. However, be warned... if you ask me to do it, once I buy the tickets you owe me for your ticket whether you show up or not. :tongue: (unless they let me return it for a refund, but I'm not 100% sure they will let me)