RyanMBlue

TPM Problem

So the other day my TPM alerted me that my back right TPM sensor was reporting low. I checked the pressure, and it turns out that it was just because it was really cold and it threw it off.

Nevertheless, I reset the TPM system, and I cannot get the Right Rear TPM to stop alerting that it is low.

Any ideas?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Ryan. Any new vibrations or anything? Maybe try airing the tire down well below the desired pressure, reinflate, force a reset of the TPMS and then try it again? It might help to do that with all four tires before resetting it.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

No new vibrations or anything. I will try this and let you know!

Hey Ryan. Any new vibrations or anything? Maybe try airing the tire down well below the desired pressure, reinflate, force a reset of the TPMS and then try it again? It might help to do that with all four tires before resetting it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, Ernie is only 2 weeks old and they are replacing the tire pressure sensor for the left rear tire.

They first explained about the temperature changes last week (acceptable explanation) but after 3 days and 5 or 6 sensor resets they pulled the wheel and checked everything. They couldn't find anything and the computer was reading normal. After putting Ernie's shoe back on the same sensor warning popped so they are replacing the sensor Wednesday morning.

Hey, these things happen with how many sensors, computers, and electronics are on cars today. Everything is good.

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

Quitta was having a similar problem but her's started when she got over XXmph and it would stop at xxMPH. Turns out, she had a bad TPMS sensor.

Ryan - if that's what they tell you, check with Jim Carman (username carman) here on DCMM as he has TPMS sensors for 2010 and earlier 2nd Gens.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I do, and I am :) But if you're still under warranty start with the dealer. Jennifer's car, Bender, had a malfunctioning TPMS sensor. It was replaced under warranty.

-Jim

BTW, how do you know which tire is failing? I never knew which tire was low on air, and Jennifer's car never reported a bad sensor either.

I do, and I am :) But if you're still under warranty start with the dealer. Jennifer's car, Bender, had a malfunctioning TPMS sensor. It was replaced under warranty.

-Jim

BTW, how do you know which tire is failing? I never knew which tire was low on air, and Jennifer's car never reported a bad sensor either.

I don't know how the message is presented in other MINIs but I have the MINI Connected center console and up came a detailed notice/warning with the offending tire identified. When I went into the the vehicle status page on the menu, as directed in the notice, a sweet graphic of the car with the wheels and sensors was displayed.

Where the digital speed is shown in the tach. dial a small graphic of the car is displayed with an arrow to the wheel in question.

What he said^

What mine actually turned out to be, believe it or not (har har har) was that my tire was low...

I didn't notice until my tire was flat one day and I found a giant screw embedded in the tire.

I guess the loss of tire pressure was just low enough that my analog pressure tool didn't notice the change but the TPMS did. :embarassed: :congrats:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Third trip to the dealer to have the Tire Pressure Sensor (TSP) replaced for Ernie's left rear shoe. The sensor was SUPPOSED to come in yesterday. I got there this morning for my appointment which they scheduled last Saturday, checked in, handed over Ernie, and settled in for a nice cup of tea and to read the newspaper. Five minutes later I was told that the sensor has to come from Germany and it might be a week or two before they have it. :banghead: A call last night would have been nice. They had an open ticket and knew I was coming.

It is becoming a pain to reset the TSP warning EVERY time I get in the car. Let's see how long this runs.

MoCo MINI replaced the tire pressure sensor on his left rear shoe. Hopefully he won't be acting up again anytime soon. As long as I don't have to reset him everytime I start him up. :motor:

His MD plates (nothing special, yet) also came in so I tagged him when we got home.

Lastly, I found out that I work with "MINIMAC", DC tags, silver hardtop. I don't think that she, or any of the 3 other MINI owners, will join the crew. I'll see.

MoCo MINI replaced the tire pressure sensor on his left rear shoe. Hopefully he won't be acting up again anytime soon. As long as I don't have to reset him everytime I start him up. :motor:

His MD plates (nothing special, yet) also came in so I tagged him when we got home.

Lastly, I found out that I work with "MINIMAC", DC tags, silver hardtop. I don't think that she, or any of the 3 other MINI owners, will join the crew. I'll see.

I saw MINIMAC a lot when I lived in DC. I'm sure I tagged her a couple of times. She doesn't know what she's missing out on. :(

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186