aqualls1

I need help

I have some boot strips I ordered and I need help to find someone to put them on the back of my Mini... I have no idea where to go...I got them from aesthic creations... Can anyone give me advice?

I put mine on myself. I'd be happy to show you how I did it. Bring them to the picnic, if you can make it.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

I have some boot strips I ordered and I need help to find someone to put them on the back of my Mini... I have no idea where to go...I got them from aesthic creations... Can anyone give me advice?

There's a place out near Dulles that I used for my stripes (from Aesthetic Creations too)--they did a great job, and I think they also do stripes for MoS. Unfortunately I don't remember their name though, but I think they were just south of the Dulles airport, not far from Route 28. Anyone remember the place I'm talking about?

P.S. Aside--I noticed Aesthetic Creations is no longer in the Vendor Directory at NAM, and in fact the # of vendors seem smaller than before. Anyone know what's going on? Poor economy? :(

P.S. Aside--I noticed Aesthetic Creations is no longer in the Vendor Directory at NAM, and in fact the # of vendors seem smaller than before. Anyone know what's going on? Poor economy? :(

Ewww ... that's not good; haven't been on NAM in quite awhile, so I have no idea what's happenin' ... would be good if some1 here knew ... :questionmark:

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi

Ewww ... that's not good; haven't been on NAM in quite awhile, so I have no idea what's happenin' ... would be good if some1 here knew ... :questionmark:

Not to worry (too much anyway), but the owner is still on Facebook and I emailed him a couple of days ago and got an automated response. So they seem to be still in business though. :rock:

As some of you are aware, I used to help manage NAM - I was one of the site Administrators (above the moderators) for several years, and amassed almost 6,000 posts there since I first joined the site.

Then, in 2008, the privately-owned NAM was sold to a public company named Internet Brands. The site founder (Mark Ferguson) continued to stay involved for a period of time (6-12 months, I forget exactly how long)... probably required as part of the settlement. After that, Mark primarily moved on to other ventures.

Since Mark's departure, Internet Brands has proven to be "much less involved" in the community aspects of NAM, and primarily motivated with maintaining profits. Jacking up advertising rates while at the same time not being particularly responsive or helpful to resolving sensitive community disputes, establishing policy guidelines and fixing technical problems is not a good way to continue to maintain a vibrant and healthy forum.

NAM had such a large community though, that many people stayed on anyway, and continue to stay, despite the change in management. It's one of those sites that will probably never truly "die" until it's taken down. It also has by far the richest "knowledge base" of MINI facts and helpful information, due to the millions of posts over the years. That searchable database is and will continue to be a goldmine for useful tips and facts, long after the active participant numbers drop considerably.

In 2009 a new, privately-owned, competing forum called Motoring Alliance was born out of many of the frustrations over how NAM was managed. That site has grown quite well - many people (though not all, of course) have moved over to it. It doesn't have the huge historical post database that NAM has, of course... but it does have a much more "grassroots" feel to it, owned and operated solely by diehard MINI fans, not bean counters.

As for me, I never really "quit" NAM in a formal sense, I just decided I was tired of dealing with it all, especially when I didn't feel like IB "had my back". My life also got really busy... and I decided to focus most of the energy I had for MINI-related matters just to DCMM. :smile:

It is also for much of the same "lack of support" and "advertising is their only priority" reasons that the board of DCMM decided in 2009 that it was time for the club to depart NAM too, in favor of these very forums here (Full disclosure: yes, I was also on the DCMM board at the time, and I was one of the people who encouraged and supported the move - it was still a board decision though).

So there you have it - a brief, summarized history of "what happened to NAM". :top:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

So I joined MA today after reading your post. Boy is that site complicated and busy, but I can see that it does have good MINI information from a bigger audience. Then I looked at NAM and I decided not to join because I wouldn't be able to keep up with that many forums.

Signature.JPG

Not to worry (too much anyway), but the owner is still on Facebook and I emailed him a couple of days ago and got an automated response. So they seem to be still in business though. :rock:

If you give Mike at AC a call, you should be able to catch him via phone. I've always had better luck that way.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Thanks, Haemish ... I knew a little about the history (DCMM branch-off, etc.), but not that much about IB. Oh well ... I did join MA about a year ago, but haven't been on much. Nathan is really cool, tho, and I'll try 2 visit when I get more time.

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi

If you give Mike at AC a call, you should be able to catch him via phone. I've always had better luck that way.

Thanks for the suggestion, although I'm in no hurry. I had contacted him about some ideas for my next MINI (not sure when yet though). I'll ping him again if I need his answers soon.

Thanks again!