cmcveay

HR MINIs Pub to Pub meetup

The fine folks from Hampton, HR MINIs, are doing a Pub to Pub run and we've been invited to meet up with them for some fun and a few laughs.

The tentative plan is to grab lunch after the Meet and Greet at MINI of Sterling. Then, we'll hit some backroads and some twisties to meet up with HR at Pub Hampton for some friendship and fun. Festivities may continue into the evening with adult libations if you choose.

HR is looking into booking a block of hotel rooms near the pub for those who either don't want to, or can't, drive home.

If there's anyone that would be interested in coordinating this run, please PM or email me.

The pub is located at:

1 Towne Centre Blvd

Fredericksburg, VA

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I am planning on heading down on Friday and staying near the Pub Hampton. That way I can do the run with HRMinis to the Pub Fredricksburg. I also plan on staying with them for the evening so I can enjoy a few "beverages" and not worry about driving home until Sunday :top:

2012 Jeep Rubicon

I'm planning on scouting a route on Saturday after my Tri training. I'll post whatever I come up with. If anyone wants to give it a go on Sunday, I can probably be talked into driving it again. Be warned though, I'm an early riser. :)

Just be forewarned, our event name isn't correct any longer! Seems between then and now, they decided to re badge the Pubs. Same place, but now they're the Park Lane Tavern. Bar and adult beverages are still fully British, but the menu now has a more European flavor. Still great selections, so have no fear. Besides, enough alcohol and ya don't care how good the food is!

Still, the Tavern to Tavern Runs just doesn't sound as good!

Not sure who might be going directly to Fburg for this but it's also the day of our M&G at Sterling so I did a route check today to get us down there from MoS. Other than getting stuck behind a BIG tractor pulling a BIG tank for 4-5 miles, it was a nice trip down. For history buffs or those who just want to see some VA countryside, it's a nice drive!

Not sure who might be going directly to Fburg for this but it's also the day of our M&G at Sterling so I did a route check today to get us down there from MoS. Other than getting stuck behind a BIG tractor pulling a BIG tank for 4-5 miles, it was a nice trip down. For history buffs or those who just want to see some VA countryside, it's a nice drive!

Thanks for checking it out Craig, it sounds fun

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

It was good seeing my DC MINI friends again! Thanks so much for coming down!

The Pub guys asked if we were planning on doing this again next year. Of course we are!

We have dinner once a month at the Park Lane Tavern down here in Hampton, and the Fredercksburg Tavern wants in on some of that action.

We were planning on heading back to the Tavern for drinks last night, but dinner and ice cream kinda changed those plans! But next year.......

Hey Dale,

It was a great time ! :rock: !

Adam did a fabulous job with the run and a few of the roads were quit spirited :motor:

The only comment would be the seating at Tavern in Fredericksburg. It would have been 100% better if we could have all sat together.

Hanging out after the festivities would have been better if only I had brought along a few beers :biggrin:

See ya all soon, Brian

2012 Jeep Rubicon