So I was talking to a buddy at work and he was mentioning that with cars with a super, that a 15 or 16% supercharger pulley was a very significant performance upgrade.

Is there anyone that can give me a quick idea as to what type of install job and/or cost we are looking at for a new pulley for a 09 R56?

I looked around on a few MINI parts stores online, and can find a bunch of pulleys for the 1st gen, but not the 2nd gen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I was talking to a buddy at work and he was mentioning that with cars with a super, that a 15 or 16% supercharger pulley was a very significant performance upgrade.

Is there anyone that can give me a quick idea as to what type of install job and/or cost we are looking at for a new pulley for a 09 R56?

I looked around on a few MINI parts stores online, and can find a bunch of pulleys for the 1st gen, but not the 2nd gen.

Ryan, I hate to break it to you... although your buddy at work was indeed very correct, your car doesn't have a supercharger, it has a turbocharger. All 1st Gen Ses came with superchargers, and all 2nd Gen Ses come with turbochargers.

So the pulley upgrade is only valid with 1st Gen MINIs. That being said, you can still get some nice gains with 2nd Gens by upgrading the intake, the exhaust, and getting a good tune, like from Jan (Revolution Motor Works), as is happening tomorrow and Saturday at Mach V. I believe there are other notable upgrades, but I am not a 2nd Gen guru... so I'll leave that to those that are. :)

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I am pretty sure that the R56's are turbo engines and no longer supercharged.
LOL - shorter responses always get in first! :tongue:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

Holy crap....

I feel like a tard now. Oh well....

Have the intake coming in soon. Guess my next step is an exhaust. I wanted to sign up for the tune tomorrow, but then realized it would be silly to get the tune before a intake and exhaust upgrade, I would just need an update in a couple months.

Thanks for the quick replies, and for making me feel dumb :p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the quick replies, and for making me feel dumb :p
Nonsense... there are no dumb questions, only dumb (incorrect) answers. :smile:

Nonsense... there are no dumb questions, only dumb (incorrect) answers. :smile:

Oh, I know it wasn't inherently dumb, I was just so sure for the past year or 2 that it was NOT a turbo, but in fact a super. I hate being wrong :top:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ali, you should learn to play nice and not make fun of the noises we make! And besides, it's PSSsssshhhh.

Ryan - I've got a PM on the way to you with some info.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Ali, you should learn to play nice and not make fun of the noises we make! And besides, it's PSSsssshhhh.

Ryan - I've got a PM on the way to you with some info.

I am being nice. That's my biggest fact about Turbos and Super Chargers.

At the Dragon I learned a little more about how they give the best torque at certain RPMs. I've learned so much from you guys.

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg