Anyone have any tips on how to use black wow? I am horribly messy when I wax and even though I try, I always wind up with some wax on the black plastic. I was under the impression that I should use Black wow before I wash, but when I'm all done, I have ugly wax on the black plastic again.

How do you guys use it? Before wash? after wax?

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Are you coming to Haemish's party tonight? If so I'll bring you something that might help with Black Wow.

FYI I've only used it once, some time ago, and I don't buy into the whole "use a pea size drop for a large section" because molecular structure can only break down and spread out so far; eventually you're just rubbing plastic with a dry cloth.

I'd say, either do the black trim before washing, then wash everything - including the trim. Or, wash the trim with general purpose cleaner, wash and wax, then treat the trim. But tape off so the excess doesn't get onto the paint. The vinyl trim cleaners I have used have always been pretty messy and slick.

-Jim

Ali,

The idea of applying the black wow is three fold in nature. The first is that if you get a little on the paint, it'll wash off when you wash the car. The second is that you'll be able to wash off any excess on the black trim so it's not collecting dust and finally, the black plastic is very porous and when you apply the black wow, it fills in most, if not all of the "pores" in the black plastic so if you do get some wax on it, it's easier to remove.

To keep so much wax off of the black plastic, it's probably easier to fix the "Horribly messy" part by taking your time and not being so messy in those areas!

As far as applying it? I agree with Jim that the pea sized amount will cover a large area... Yeahhhh, that's never worked for me. I use a lint free cotton rag and apply the liquid to the rag as needed. Some areas will use/require just a little while others really suck the stuff up.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold