trailrated

Exhaust Manifold - anyone?

Hello All,

I'm looking at a '06 MCS to buy. It has the Alta Header/Cat on it and is throwing the P0130 code.

I'd like to get an OEM exhaust manifold to replace it and get the O2 sensors replaced as well. I'm hoping that would remedy the situation.

Does anyone have an OEM exhaust manifold & cat they'd be willing to sell?

I'm in N. Virginia.

Thanks!

Will

Try to determine if the car has any after-market ECU tune on it.

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

I'd have to agree with TATTRAT scavenger on this one. The first Gen MINI's are pretty tolerant on the exhaust mods - unlike us 2nd Gen cars that seem to have some kind of artificial intelligence in the ECU that knows when we've even discussed altering anything between the exhaust valves and the downstream 02 sensor. If the only code it's throwing is the P0130, it could be as simple as a bad sensor.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I'd have to agree with TATTRAT scavenger on this one. The first Gen MINI's are pretty tolerant on the exhaust mods - unlike us 2nd Gen cars that seem to have some kind of artificial intelligence in the ECU that knows when we've even discussed altering anything between the exhaust valves and the downstream 02 sensor. If the only code it's throwing is the P0130, it could be as simple as a bad sensor.

and a LOT cheaper to replace/install then a mani and cat. . .

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

any updates?

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com