TGGRRR (Ali)

Self car washes Northern VA

I usually go to the Exxon near my house which has a high pressure hose that I can rent when I wash Tigger. With all the cold, their system broke and my home hose is frozen. I know I can go to DC to a friends house, but with work and traffic I'm having trouble getting over there.

Does anyone know of places that have a self service car wash? Tigger does not do automatic car washes, bad for the top, bad for the vinyl, just plain bad for Tigger.

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

You have to remember - there are two kinds of automatic washes... the usual kind (with brushes, etc), and touchless car washes. Touchless ones don't do as good of a job, but they won't harm your paint. I use the one at Sunoco off Gallows Road in Merrifield (next to Sweetwater) all the time. I know that's not what you were asking, but it's an option to consider.

Right now that gas station is closed for maintenance (replacing the fuel tanks, I think), but the car wash itself remains open.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Hey Ali,

I go to where rt 1 meets 7100. Theres a diy car wash place but its 3 $ for 5 min. I take my sponges and towels. Only takes quarters too.

2010 MCS Laurel edition RMW Tune ;-), ALTA FMIC, Invidia Q300 Exhaust, NM Eng. CAI, NM Discharge pipe, NM Charge pipe, NM Strut brace, Open hood scoop, Stri Boost gauge, Craven Speed shiftwell(black), BSH CC, and many more goodies!.

There is one on the corner of 29 and Blake Ln between the 7-11 and Citgo. It's crazy hidden. Two self wash bays and numerous vacuum areas.

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

There is one on the corner of 29 and Blake Ln between the 7-11 and Citgo. It's crazy hidden. Two self wash bays and numerous vacuum areas.

WHAT???? That's Fairfax, right? I had no idea we had one of those places anywhere around here. We should all go there sometime to wash and wax our MINIs.

I'm so excited! Wash Bays!!!!! It's like Christmas or something.

:marshmellow:

Today I went to the Exxon and the hose was fixed. I went to wash Tigger and I almost slipped in the ice. The guy behind me waiting on the hose insisted on washing Tigger. So I let him, since I was sure I was about to kill myself on the ice. I ran in and bought him a token to wash his own car. Still a bay is so nice, you can wash and wax and everything in there.

I tried to hit that Shell earlier today, but it was a mad house. Mark tried to use the Exxon later in the day after me but there was a crazy line. Luckily our hose had defrosted so he was able to wash Max.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg