PSUMINI

Replacing rear brake pads

Hey folks,

I'm in the midst of replacing my '06 Cooper rear brake pads, and can't seem to get the piston to retract. Bought one of those 'universal' cubes at Auto Zone, but all of the pegs are too far apart :frown: Does anyone have the tool for this job that I could possibly borrow?

Cheers,

-Bill

2006 MINI Cooper R50 'Austin': WMW CAI, Borla Exhaust, Sprint Booster, R81/Imola/Holies

1980 Austin Mini 'Nigel': 1293cc MORSPEED Stage 1 Engine, HiLo Suspension

Hey Bill, I have a kit but sadly I don't have a time to bring it your way. If you are in the Laurel area (295 and 198) I would be more than happy to hook you up.

daflake@gmail.com

That being said, I bought a smaller version of this kit and it works ok.

http://www.harborfreight.com/18-piece-disc-brake-pad-and-caliper-service-tool-kit-97143.html

Will

Thanks for the replies guys! I ended up loaning the tool from Autozone, but it turned out to not function properly (the head unit would just spin in place - must have been missing a pin . . .). Tried the needle nose pliers idea, but the piston would not budge! I ended up just completely removing the rear calipers from the car so I could get the necessary leverage to push and twist the pistons. Fun stuff.

2006 MINI Cooper R50 'Austin': WMW CAI, Borla Exhaust, Sprint Booster, R81/Imola/Holies

1980 Austin Mini 'Nigel': 1293cc MORSPEED Stage 1 Engine, HiLo Suspension