thedonva

ECU Chip Upgrade / Mod - Where to go

I've got a tune from Jan at RMW and he is going to a different tuning tool but he's still supporting the DIMSPORT tool. If you aren't interested in changing your tune (custom to standard and such, it doesn't matter what tool they are using.

A point of clarification though, there's been very little if ANY luck with "chips", Jan and Alta are actually installing new maps in the ECU, not just altering signals the way the "old" chip tunes were done.

I'd encourage you to read up on both Alta and Jan's work on NAM as both have recent threads that go into great detail about the tunes.

As far as gains in HP? Based on the before/after dyno results in april, I saw a gain of 21.99HP/12.9TQ gain. I've had a couple of updates to the tune since then that have "Probably" bumped those numbers up a bit. The biggest change is a bigger flatter curve and one of the recent updates remapped the throttle mapping so the throttle is more linear, easier to control and it makes the car feel like it's never going to stop pulling. There's supposed to be a new update in the next couple of weeks and I believe Jan is going to add the "Pop and Burble" of the JCW in the tune if you are interested in that as well.

PM me if you've got other questions about tuning the 2nd Gen cars.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold