Chili Red Fiona

Low Tire Warning

I had a Low Tire Warning when I got in my car this morning. I just checked the air pressure and they all appear lower (mid-20s) than the max psi, so I'm thinking I just need to add a little air to all of them. Has anyone else had this warning appear on a regular basis, or have you only had it come on if there's a major problem? I'm at almost 6,000 miles, so I think it makes sense I probably just need to add air, but the warning light stayed on the entire way to work ... appreciate any feedback!

Tires normally do loss a little air pressure overtime and the TPMS can be pretty sensitive. Also it was a lot cooler that it has been and that could cause the pressure to read low. Both my Mini and truck have the tire pressure monitors and I will get warnings every so often. i would just add more air and reset the TPMS system.

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Yep, it's what Brian said. The temps today were about the lowest we've had since the spring. About 2 weeks ago, we had a similar spell and I got a TPMS light as well. I reset it and all has been fine. I do expect to have another light in the morning as the temps are supposed to drop into the 50's tonight.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I also had mine start up last May coming home from the Dragon and realized it was probably because the weather was warming up. Mine is a 1st gen and I guess the TPI is checking the tires against each other. I dropped a little from each tire to even them out to within a half a pound of each other. After that reset it's been good.

I wonder if now that it's getting cooler if I'll need to add air soon.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg