MacLeod

Good local MINI shop

Hi everyone,

I havent actually officially joined DCMM yet, but as you guys have been around a lot longer than some of the other clubs, I thought you might be able to give me a recommendation for a trusted mechanic in the area that might specialize in minis. I knew some in western Va, but thats a little far to go now. I'm getting a reduction pulley for my birthday and have been told that its a very difficult installation for a diy, and its been suggested that I have it done professionally. Any recommendations would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Melissa

Hi everyone,

I havent actually officially joined DCMM yet, but as you guys have been around a lot longer than some of the other clubs, I thought you might be able to give me a recommendation for a trusted mechanic in the area that might specialize in minis. I knew some in western Va, but thats a little far to go now. I'm getting a reduction pulley for my birthday and have been told that its a very difficult installation for a diy, and its been suggested that I have it done professionally. Any recommendations would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Melissa

Around this area Melissa, unfortunately there are no independent shops that I know of and I've been driving my MINI since '02. There was one, but it didn't last long.

Where in Annapolis are you? I live in Severna Park.

I can recommend Mach V - as I'm not an officiall member yet, I had my pre-cat (on an '02 as well) bust up, and they were able to cut it out and weld in a replacement pipe, as well as cut and re-weld the cat-back system I have to fix a mis-alignment. They came in under estimate and took 'bout 4 hours.

Despite having to talk to a couple STI drivers, it went well. :)

Sadly, there is only one independent shop that I know of in the state of MD, and he doesn't really want to work on MINIs at all. Has even copped a bit of an negative attitude towards them, and can be difficult to work with. Also, his prices tend to be quite high. Don't even mention DC Metro MINIs to him, as he became disenchanted (to be polite) with the club years ago.

Having fore warned any potential customer, his name is John Behe (pronounced beehee), and he owns Behe Performance, in Glenwood MD. Here's the link:http://www.beheperformance.com/

Sadly, there is only one independent shop that I know of in the state of MD, and he doesn't really want to work on MINIs at all. Has even copped a bit of an negative attitude towards them, and can be difficult to work with. Also, his prices tend to be quite high. Don't even mention DC Metro MINIs to him, as he became disenchanted (to be polite) with the club years ago.

Having fore warned any potential customer, his name is John Behe (pronounced beehee), and he owns Behe Performance, in Glenwood MD. Here's the link:http://www.beheperformance.com/

Ive been going back and forth with Jim, the owner of Autobahn motorsports in Hereford, MD. After my miserable experience with MOB I'm going to give a few local shops a try for things I cannot perform myself.