mike.cars

Just bought 1st MINI! 2017 JCW Coupe, Rebel Green w/ Red Roof, very excited!!

Hello MINIacs,

I was looking for an "Introduction" section on the forum but couldn't find one. Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong spot. I just purchased my first MINI, and it's a 2017 JCW... well, you saw the details in the subject line. I have been a "car guy" since birth and am quite excited about this new driving experience. Previous notable vehicles include a 2007 Audi RS4 sedan (2 of them, actually), a 2016 Mercedes-Benz C 63 S sedan, a 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser, and a couple motorcycles (Royal Enfield, Buell). So yeah, a front-wheel drive, turbocharged 4 cylinder hot hatch is definitely a different type of car than I'm used to. But I'm super pumped about it!

I'm also new to DC and have already poked around a little on the forum about trustworthy shops (sounds like GT Peace is the way to go), aftermarket wheels, and group rides. I'm hoping I'll be able to join on some rides soon and get to know members of the community better in person. 

See you soon!

Mike

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mike.cars said:

Hello MINIacs,

I was looking for an "Introduction" section on the forum but couldn't find one. Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong spot. I just purchased my first MINI, and it's a 2017 JCW... well, you saw the details in the subject line. I have been a "car guy" since birth and am quite excited about this new driving experience. Previous notable vehicles include a 2007 Audi RS4 sedan (2 of them, actually), a 2016 Mercedes-Benz C 63 S sedan, a 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser, and a couple motorcycles (Royal Enfield, Buell). So yeah, a front-wheel drive, turbocharged 4 cylinder hot hatch is definitely a different type of car than I'm used to. But I'm super pumped about it!

I'm also new to DC and have already poked around a little on the forum about trustworthy shops (sounds like GT Peace is the way to go), aftermarket wheels, and group rides. I'm hoping I'll be able to join on some rides soon and get to know members of the community better in person. 

See you soon!

Mike

We're excited that you found us Mike. I think you're going to love your MINI, for a car guy, the JCW is the way to go, lots of power packed in that lil' MINI.

The one thing that new MINI owners probably don't know about is the MINI community. We are a very active world wide community with events ranging from MINI Takes The States hosted by MINI USA themselves, down to local clubs events in every state. 

Please let us know if you have any questions

• Like 1