STXMINI

MTTB 2024 Announcement

Posting on behalf of Corey

Fellow MINIacs,

Corey here, I wanted to reach out to you with an update about the status of MINIs take the Beltway.

This event has been a staple of the DC Metro MINIs calendar for 15 years, with Brandy and I organizing the event since 2017. MTTB has raised over $20,000 for Veterans’ charities, with $15,000 of that coming post COVID. With our growth, and with ongoing changes post pandemic, it has become more difficult to retain the principle I believe most in, that 100% of your registrations/donations go directly to the Charity, Operation Second Chance.

The event spaces, prizes, and registration gifts have always been donated by vendors and other supporters of the event, our vendors have also experienced change so this model is not currently sustainable, and we will unfortunately be taking a year off to assess the way forward.

We want to honor the intent of MTTB, to support our Veterans, while also putting on a high-quality event that will meet the expectations of our fellow MINIacs.

To do this, we will be holding a virtual town hall in January to present information on how MTTB has previously operated, share lessons learned, and receive community feedback. We are also looking for volunteers willing to join in the planning process to continue this wonderful event into the future.

I am happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to post them as a comment on our social media platforms, in the club forum, or emailing us at: board@dcmetrominis.org

Happy Motoring,
Corey