MCFox

Bike Rack Bumper Installation on F55/56 CooperS

Does anyone have experience with installing a bumper bike rack (product purchase and install recommendations) for a stock 2016 CooperS. (I tried the Yakima trunk bike rack and it was a disaster; don't ask). I understand that the bumper may need to be modified for a second towing eye, although I'm not really sure what that entails work- / cost-wise.  TIA!

--MC

Edited by MCFox

I'm thinking I might try some less permanent mount options.  They are pricey as well but if they hold and don't damage the car or require modifications it might be worth it.  I'm going to wait out this season and maybe look for a Winter sale, if I decide on something I'll post it here.

Good luck!  would love to see what you end up with as well.

On 9/21/2024 at 3:08 PM, MCFox said:

Nope. I haven’t done anything so far. Best I can tell, best option may be to have the dealer install the bike rack bumper mods, but it’s pricey.

Have you guys considered a 3rd party Reese hitch options for the Gen3s. Here a link to one from outmotoring.

https://www.outmotoring.com/MINI-Cooper-F55-F56-F57-hidden-trailer-hitch-receiver-f55-f56-f57-four-door-hatchback-convertible-drawbar-wiring-harness-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019-2020-2021-mount-kit-MINI-do-more.html

Then you can use any Reese mount options, at likely half the cost to dealer.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels