Duke

Mini At The Glen

In the same "missed out" boat and making up for it with other events. Thought about MINIs Take Mountain Lake next weekend, but I do not think my foot will be healed well enough by then (the reason I missed MTTS) .. also looking at either Hampton Roads Fall Colours Run or maybe MINIs Take Vermont for a fall excursion .. 

But none of that is what you asked about ... the Carlisle MINI group for at least the past 8-9 years (except pandemic) has run an event to get to MATG, even before it was a MINI USA sponsored event. They usually meet at Fort Hunter (Harrisburg) area, take a lovely drive up through PA backroads and stop for lunch somewhere along the line. Some return on Sunday, others Monday (on your own return) .. all that enticement and so far I do not see an event posted on either their Meetup page (in the process of being d/c'd) or their FB page. If I see / get more details, I will post them here. 

MATG is a really fun event for a good cause in a beautiful area .. Friday - Sun/Monday really doesn't allow enough time to see everything in the area (not unreasonable to get to Niagra Falls, Finger Lakes, and the Corning Glass Museum) so if you have the time to make a week of it, do it. 

• Like 2

I don't see that Carlisle (Ok, Ok, South Central PA MINI Motorists) have an organized drive for Friday to get to WGI as they have historically done .. 
I'll be heading up from MD, probably staying directly on 15 since my PA friends aren't taking us on intereting backroads somewhere .. if anyone wants to meet up off 15 in Frederick, MD, I'm pretty flexible on my departure time for the day. 
Could meet at Sheetz on Thomas Johnson Drive - it's directly off 15. 

Friday looks like rain all day, but Saturday clears up nicely ... if you've never been, it's a fun event. 

Edited by MINIFIED

We made it to Watkins Glen yesterday, wet drive but no problems.  The forecast for the rest of the weekend looks great.  Seneca Lodge has had Harley riders all week, they are rolling out this morning, like a changing of the guard!

• Like 1