Hello Fellow Mini Drivers,
I've just created this account and am unsure if there is anything else that I need to be doing i.e if I need to pay for a membership??
I'm also wondering if by joining this club if there are places with discounts for being a member of this car club??

There are certain things that I need to get done to my car and the inquiring mind wants to know. 

Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 
Mario & Patrick
Aviator

47 minutes ago, Mini Countryman 2014 said:

Hello Fellow Mini Drivers,
I've just created this account and am unsure if there is anything else that I need to be doing i.e if I need to pay for a membership??
I'm also wondering if by joining this club if there are places with discounts for being a member of this car club??

There are certain things that I need to get done to my car and the inquiring mind wants to know. 

Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 
Mario & Patrick
Aviator

Welcome, you do not need to buy a membership to attend runs, or access the forum. I encourage people to attend a few events and see if they enjoy it before buying a membership

You do have to buy a membership to get a membership card which is what vendors will ask for to give you the club discount. A paid membership also opens up a few extra threads on the forum. 

what are you looking to have done to you MINI?

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Thanks for the quick reply. 

I just went to the mini of Alexandria and it seems like I need a new battery ,and apparently a few other things. Needless to say, my car isn't a junkyard but I guess it’s needing a few things done. But I’m not trying to pay a lot of money if I can get discounts for being a member of the club. 

Where can I find the pricing of the membership? 

Also, my husband, and I have been meaning to attend one of the runs as well. Just scheduling wise for me it’s a bit difficult because I’m a flight attendant. But we are definitely interested in becoming members and finding out the benefits of being a member. 

thanks 

Mario and Patrick 

Edited by Mini Countryman 2014

9 hours ago, Mini Countryman 2014 said:

I just went to the mini of Alexandria and it seems like I need a new battery apparently and a few other throngs did. Needless to say, my car isn't a junkyard but I guess it’s needing a few things done. But I’m not trying to pay a lot of money if I can get discounts for being a member of the club. 

Mario,

You may also want to consider calling one of the two third party shops that offer club discounts. GT Peace automotive is located in Chantilly and PTunning in Manassas. Both are very familiar with MINIs and many members of the club use then for both basic maintenance, repairs, and upgrades. They are a very good option to save some money compared to dealer prices.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels