TGGRRR (Ali)

Phil Wicks Driving School

So that was major fun!!! My Countryman did great on the track and I'm glad I brought her along. My instructor was awesome and he focused on making sure I understood the lines for a turn. I liked that because if he told me everything then I would have just left confused. The turn lines felt really unnatural and at times it felt like he was trying to drive me right off of the track but noooo the car went right where he said it would.

I had 4 sessions, the first one with my instructor. The second one I was supposed to be alone but Phil Wicks jumped in with me. What I really liked is he basically taught just like Chris my assigned instructor. Very solid instruction. Phil kept yelling at me to get off the brakes in the turns and more gas. The third run I was alone, Phil made sure I understood how to point cars past me in the straights. I was good about that and being slow I got very quick at letting people pass. I yelled at myself on the 3rd run which helped

The instructor drove River with me as passenger, he got her to 120 on the long straight. She wasn't even straining, he said he really liked how she handled for a stock car. He was trying to get the All 4 to do something but I think my All Seasons weren't grippy enough for it.

The 4th run the instructor ran with me. I was well into the 80s on the S turns which was fun!!! I finally broke 90 on the straight. He said it's really hard for people to break 90 because they aren't used to the feel of the speed yet.

There was a lot of focus on using the entire width of the track, proper track etiquette, understanding the lines for turns and where to put your car. I had so much fun and would highly recommend this for anyone that wants to get on the track but is nervous about it.

It was a long day and I'm at work today feeling like a living zombie. Wish we could have stayed last night but we didn't have the leave.

Ian from Motorwerks magazine asked me to write an article about it so I'll let you guys know when that's out

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg