marcimpala

MINI LED daytime running lights - newly released in US

Wonderful MINI of MoCO installed these groovy new LED daytime running/fog lights on my R60 this week. They have recently hit the market in the US and I must say, they look stunning, especially if you have the HID headlamps. I had been wanting some better daytime visibility lately (as if my extreme light white paint job and chrome trim is not enough).

I noticed some sparse information out there on how they operate so thought I would clarify a few things:

1. The LEDs are fully integrated into the car's system so there is no additional switch or setting: When headlamps are off, the full halo is on (in either auto on/off or regular off mode)

2. When the headlamps are on, the halo turns into a crescent as headlamps combined with the halo would be just a bit too bright.

3. Yes, they also have fogs in there so you just press the usual fog light button et voila, the weak, yellowish stock fogs are replaced with super bright, crisp LED light.

4. Yes, it is a MINI part that the dealers can now order so it's fully covered hurrah!

These fit all of our models:

R55 MINI Cooper Clubman /S/JCW (2008+)

R56 MINI Cooper /S/JCW (2007+)

R57 MINI Cooper Convertible /S/JCW (2009+)

R60 MINI Countryman /S/JCW (2011+)

Enjoy the pics

picture.php?albumid=140&pictureid=696

picture.php?albumid=140&pictureid=694

picture.php?albumid=140&pictureid=695

I've heard the same so I've put them off till the price makes me buy them.

R50 04 PS MCa - Sold

R53 05 PS MCSa - Sold

R56 12 LiB/B MCSm Born 10/13/11 Bought 10/31/11 Home 11/5/11. CW, TP, SP, Sunroof, Xenon w/B Housings, AnthraciteHeadliner, Tint, JCW CF door handles, JCW CF Spoiler, JCW STB, DDM Street CAI, Stubby, Black grill, Black R98, JB+

I thought GPs have fogs ?

R50 04 PS MCa - Sold

R53 05 PS MCSa - Sold

R56 12 LiB/B MCSm Born 10/13/11 Bought 10/31/11 Home 11/5/11. CW, TP, SP, Sunroof, Xenon w/B Housings, AnthraciteHeadliner, Tint, JCW CF door handles, JCW CF Spoiler, JCW STB, DDM Street CAI, Stubby, Black grill, Black R98, JB+

what was the labor for them to install them?

Labor was $250.00 "heavily discounted" ouch I know but when I read the instructions, I felt I would probably break somethings trying to install them. Even the mechanic talked about how fussy it was. Took him 3.5 hours.