Scouser

Rear Air Duffuser

Hi there - I'm really enjoying using the Plasti-Dip after I got some good help from Corey and Craig, :big grin: but what I'd like to do next, I'm not sure PD is a good idea to use. I have the (R56) JCW rear bumper/trim package - and surrounding the exhaust pipes, there's a piece separate to the bumper that I'd like to have blacked out, (it's the same color as the car) but I don't think PD will be a good idea because of the heat/exhaust fumes. Has anyone blacked this piece out before and if so, what's the best way to do it? I guess it would need to be removed from the car no matter what approach and I think "the professionals" would need to do it. Any suggestions anyone? (wished I could attach a photo, but don't know how to do that). I'll give it a whirl & see if it comes out...?

Nora

0643.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg.032d51c1d0a58c5fc93692644eab6054.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg.032d51c1d0a58c5fc93692644eab6054.jpg

Yea you can do it. It's not like you are painting the exhaust. You could also wrap it with vinyl.

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

I think pd will be fine as its not in contact. I remember we talked about it, and there is a break in the bumper were you are looking to black our so it will create a break for the pd. So you should be able to have a nice clean line very easily without playing the pull the tape quick game.

Also the gas cap pops off very easy, if you want to black that out. We are always here to help

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Yes, I remember our discussion. I have no problem with doing that - just that I DO worry about the HEAT from the exhaust so near the rubber/plastic of the PD, - I can see myself in the car, sniffing, then looking in the rear view mirror and seeing smoke & fire coming up the back of my MINI....perish the thought :frown:

You could try vinyl first as it will come right off if you don't like it. I have a roll of 3" wide, heavy duty vinyl tape if you 'd like to have a go with it.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Oh Craig - you're a dear! thank you so much. I'll take you up on that. What's the next event you'll be at? Do you go to any of the C3M meets - there's one I'm going to Sat late pm - it's the frozen custard/birthday meet they're having? If not, let me know which meet you'll be at next and I'll be sure to be there - do I have to remove the diffuser piece off the car? Just wondering how to do that. I guess I can google it or something.