davekmd

Original British Car Day, Lily Pons 6/7/2009

Anyone heading out to Lily Pons (Adamstown, MD) this Sunday for the "Original British Car Day"? If so, drop me a PM or email and/or look for a 09 PepperWhite S, sport stripes, and soon to be mounted Rota RBs!

Cheers!

I did a quick search and here is what I found:

http://www.chesapeakechaptermgtclub.com/

Lily Ponds is located close to Frederick and Sugerloaf Mtn. in Maryland. I remember on a run last year we passed by a bunch of MG's and I that is where they were going.

B.

PS I also noticed that this year's marque car is the classic mini :)

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Last year I know I was passed by probably 20-30 Minis right down the road from Lily Pons. I thought folks might have met up there, looked at cars, and then went motoring! It sure looked like a ton of fun, ergo I have the MINI this year. I also have 'back-up' support and will be grilling in the parking area (tailgating). Look for a white EZ-up canopy and tan CRV and come on over for food and refreshments!

I live near the Howard County fairgrounds and plan on leaving around 9:30 to arrive around 10:30. (It's probably just a 1/2 hour to get to Lily Pons but leaving with a small caravan ... you wind up a bit late). Anyway we'll be heading West on Rt 70 at Rt97. We'll have the 09 PW MCS and a Honda CRV.

Several of my neighbors have attended and I usually extend the invite to them. One of my neighbors shows his pristine (all original) 69 TR6. I've gone for the past 4-5 years and previously (not last year) it was very, very hot, so we started bringing an EZup canopy. Well if you bring a canopy you need chairs. If you bring chairs you need refreshements, and if you have refreshment, you need snacks, and if you have snacks well you need REAL food and that means a grill. Ergo the 'support' vehicle CRV.

Shoot me a PM and give you my cell. Perhaps we can meet up or at least you can certainly stop by and get some food and drink. Nothing fancy proably brats or Italian sausage and chicken and burgers, etc.

Cheers!

Outstanding! I'll have the Pepper White MCS, sport stripes and (hopefully) silver Rota RBs wheels. The support vehicle is a tan CRV (just look for a white EZup canopy over in the general parking area, close to where folks pull into the event. If I'm not there, standby, I'm probably down the hill looking at cars. We make a ritual of looking a bit, chilling/grilling, looking a bit, chillling/grilling, (repeat often). The invite for food and drink is open to all. Stop by say Hi, get some food/drink, shoot the breeze, etc.

So is arrival time around 10am for most? First timer to these events.

The gates open at 8 am per the flyer and I was thinking about getting there about 10am. I will probably leave :motor:the Chantilly area by 9 am.

See ya there, Brian

2012 Jeep Rubicon

The gates open at 8 am per the flyer and I was thinking about getting there about 10am. I will probably leave :motor:the Chantilly area by 9 am.

See ya there, Brian

Sounds great, leaving from Manassas area around 8:30 or so.

Terry

Terry (aka TonkaJr)

Hey Terry what route are you taking from Manassas? Maybe we can hookup on the way and have a Mini carvan to the show.

Hadn't thought about it, I a flexible...where you want to meet? I need to clean the dirty Coup.

Terry

Terry (aka TonkaJr)

Hey Terry it all depends on which way you plan on going? Route 28, Route 15 or possibly Gum Springs Road? I am located off of Pleasant Valley Road which is close to all this routes. Name your route, pick a location or I can suggest one at any of these routes. I am really flexible so whatever works for you.

I look forward to meeting another Miniac :rock:, Brian

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Pleasant Valley is not far, not sure where you are. How about pleasant valley and 50? on right as you approach 50 there is a office section....Lafayette Center I think. KHOV homes is in there.

Terry (aka TonkaJr)

While heck Terry that is so close to my house you might as well meet me there! Basically as you head down Pleasant Valley, go past the golf course and then make a right after the church onto Cub Run Rd. I am on the right just before the first stop sign at #4503. See ya when you get here.

Brian

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Hey Terry it all depends on which way you plan on going? Route 28, Route 15 or possibly Gum Springs Road? I am located off of Pleasant Valley Road which is close to all this routes. Name your route, pick a location or I can suggest one at any of these routes. I am really flexible so whatever works for you.

I look forward to meeting another Miniac :rock:, Brian

Ok, See you around 8:30am......

Terry (aka TonkaJr)

Outstanding! I'll have the Pepper White MCS, sport stripes and (hopefully) silver Rota RBs wheels. The support vehicle is a tan CRV (just look for a white EZup canopy over in the general parking area, close to where folks pull into the event. If I'm not there, standby, I'm probably down the hill looking at cars. We make a ritual of looking a bit, chilling/grilling, looking a bit, chillling/grilling, (repeat often). The invite for food and drink is open to all. Stop by say Hi, get some food/drink, shoot the breeze, etc.

David, Thanks for the hospitality and the great grilled sausages. See ya at the next show.

2012 Jeep Rubicon