Cambo

To Mod...or not to Mod?

Mark (my husband) just did some sort of tune that sits on top of the ecu. He said it was pretty easy to install and it's easy to turn on or off. Do I know details like what it's called???

You'll have to ask Mark or Craig. I can't remember details. Mark does want to dyno Max and see if this thing is really adding hp. He said with winter tires on it's much harder to tell but there does seem to be an improvement

I wonder if this is the same thing I have? I'm somewhat interested in dynoing as well just to see where things stand, but I definitely feel a difference. Taking it off when the car goes to the dealership just makes me sad. Does Max have an N18 engine?

As for the xenons, I'm not talking a tune per se, but rather the coding that needs to be done to make all the switches play nice... it's also the main reason aftermarket xenon kits are so problematic.

I wonder if this is the same thing I have? I'm somewhat interested in dynoing as well just to see where things stand, but I definitely feel a difference. Taking it off when the car goes to the dealership just makes me sad. Does Max have an N18 engine?

As for the xenons, I'm not talking a tune per se, but rather the coding that needs to be done to make all the switches play nice... it's also the main reason aftermarket xenon kits are so problematic.

I have no idea what an N18 engine is. He's a 2009 JCW does that help?

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

ahhh I see, I didn't know that...thanks for the heads up!

2009 MCS - Passenger seat delete--Rear seat delete--Arm rest delete--Cup holder delete--Seat Belt Delete--Cup holder added back because coffee

No problem... I found this after doing a quick search for retrofit kits which might prove useful.

I'm somewhat torn now... I want this kit, and I also want to upgrade my suspension... what to do, what to do???

hahaha, dude I'm in the SAME exact boat. I'm tempted to just go the lowering spring route to save some dough to put towards lights...but I know I won't be satisfied and end up upgrading to coilovers later. Argh! decisions decisions lol

But this came in today- my flowmaster super 10! Super excited to see how it sounds. The one other person out there that tried this muffler didn't capture it on youtube or anything and he quickly got rid of it because he found it too loud. This muffler completely transformed the sounds of other cars I heard so I'm mad curious what it will do to the mini when mated to an invidia catback with no resonator.

Pretty sure this is going to be head pounding/ear bleeding loud inside the cabin lolol.

For Science!

CAM00544.jpg

Edited by Cambo

2009 MCS - Passenger seat delete--Rear seat delete--Arm rest delete--Cup holder delete--Seat Belt Delete--Cup holder added back because coffee