Se7er

NOVA Christmas Lights Mini Run

I put together a last minute run to go view Christmas lights in Northern Virginia (Woodbridge / Alexandria / Springfield / Manassas Area) I wasn't able to make RVA's Christmas lights run, so I thought I would throw one together.

Meet at:

C. D. Hylton High School

14051 Spriggs Road, Woodbridge, VA

5 PM Meet, hit the road around 5:30.

For those who can't make it that early on a weekday but still want to go, we are planning on stopping for some coffee / hot chocolate along the way:

Mom's Apple Pie

126 Commerce Street, Occoquan, VA

between 6:00 - 6:30.

Total driving time for the event is about 2 1/2 hours. If we get started at 5:30, I'm guessing we can wrap it up by 9 with all the stops. There are 10 planned stops at some of the best displays they have to offer in this area.

I'm going to be attaching the route sheet. We are going to be starting in Woodbridge, and ending in Manassas. Those who are coming don't have to stay for the whole run, just let us know you are breaking off and you can at any time.

Look forward to seeing those who can make it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

D.B.'s Facebook Page - facebook.com/DBMiniCooper

Ok, so here are the driving directions and a link to the Google Map of the route.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z2_ArVZtJJ84.kNskWkA1qtzM

(for those familiar with the area, Leg 9 should be the most fun :motor:)

(here is the file, can't get the stinking attachment to upload to this thread - 

NOVA Christmas Lights Mini Run.docx

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I plan on using Waze tonight. One of the nice things about it is that you can post a link and share your position in real time. I'm going to give it a try and post it in the forum for those who want to meet up along the ride, you can see where we are at and when we are expected to get to each of the stops.

Cross your fingers. We will see how it goes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That was soooo much fun. This scrooge is feeling happy and merry.My favorite was the house in Alexandria with the coordinated music, reindeers leaping through the woods, the house roof raising and dancing trees. WOW!!! They didn't have lights like this when I was a kid.

It was a fun adventure. I hope we do it again next year

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg