davekmd

Farewell!

Folks, I’ve had a wonderful 4 years with my 2009 S but circumstances dictate that I be (hopefully temporarily) MINI-less. I’ve been an occasional lurker on this forum and have even joined in a hanging-the-corners–picking-the-cherries guest ride. It’s a bit cliché perhaps and corny to say that the MINI brand is a special car and attracts special people. But really this car was a blast to own and drive and like the Honda commercials from the 60s said, ‘you meet the nicest people on a’ (MINI). It rarely failed to put a smile on my face every time I got in it, even when I was just doing daily commutes. I still get compliments and thumbs up from people of all ages, from the very young to the very life experienced!

I’m heading up to Watkins Glen again this year so perhaps I’ll bump into someone from this forum to say hello. Although the annual Vintage Gran Prix always brings out wonderful, wonderful people (and cars), I can’t help but wonder how rambunctious, unpretentious, fun, and friendly things will be with Mini as the featured marque. The Vintage Gran Prix is a super event hosted within a super venue of the Finger Lakes wine region of NY State. The past few years have seen a number of micro-breweries and distilleries pop up around the lakes, so it’s all very much, a pleasant, wine & cheese, beer, and spirits happening.

I’ve tried posting in the forum’s Marketplace with my logon/ID but I don’t seem to have the proper credentials to do so.

Edited by Edge
Cleaned up excess formatting codes from copy/paste operation, removed for sale info (members only)

Folks, I’ve had a wonderful 4 years with my 2009 S but circumstances dictate that I be (hopefully temporarily) MINI-less. I’ve been an occasional lurker on this forum and have even joined in a hanging-the-corners–picking-the-cherries guest ride. It’s a bit cliché perhaps and corny to say that the MINI brand is a special car and attracts special people. But really this car was a blast to own and drive and like the Honda commercials from the 60s said, ‘you meet the nicest people on a’ (MINI). It rarely failed to put a smile on my face every time I got in it, even when I was just doing daily commutes. I still get compliments and thumbs up from people of all ages, from the very young to the very life experienced!

I’m heading up to Watkins Glen again this year so perhaps I’ll bump into someone from this forum to say hello. Although the annual Vintage Gran Prix always brings out wonderful, wonderful people (and cars), I can’t help but wonder how rambunctious, unpretentious, fun, and friendly things will be with Mini as the featured marque. The Vintage Gran Prix is a super event hosted within a super venue of the Finger Lakes wine region of NY State. The past few years have seen a number of micro-breweries and distilleries pop up around the lakes, so it’s all very much, a pleasant, wine & cheese, beer, and spirits happening.

I’ve tried posting in the forum’s Marketplace with my logon/ID but I don’t seem to have the proper credentials to do so.

We'll be at WG too. Look for a DK silver '02 S with a gray tone Union Jack roof. MD plate: MY S.

Paul and Katie