After the Spring Run a few weeks ago - my clutch and FW went south....:frown:

So - after getting the slave cylinder replaced and an aftermarket clutch and FW (Clutchmasters FX100), my shop cannot align the transmission....

Last year both clutch and FW were replaced by MoS under warranty....hmmnnn... this is never good...2 clutches in just over 1 year (by 1 week)...

So - anyone have any ideas on where to get the right clutch alignment tool? the one shipped with the clutch is wrong, and a universal one doesn't work right either....

Starbuck - 2006 MCS: JCW Engine and Suspension, Alta: 19mm Rear Anti-Sway Bar, Rear Control Arms (top & bottom), Rear End-Links, Alta intake hose, Alta Intercooler Diverter v2

Helix:Rear Seat Delete

M7: Front Strut Bar, 2% Crank Pulley

MiniMadness: JCW Air Filter & Polyurethane rear strut bushings.

I do seem to remember seeing on in a flyer or on a MINI vendor website in the past couple weeks, something about a MINI / BMW one.

Oh it was a predominantly BMW catalog that has some MINI stuff too, and it was listed as the unique BMW tool that also works on MINI's

I'll check when I get home today to see if I still have it.

I had to buy one from Mini Mania and get it overnighted....

I contacted both MoS and Mach V (on MoS's recommendation).

MoS doesn't sell it, nor will they loan or rent one out...

Mach V says they don't have one, even in the shop to loan out...???

So - close to $200 later I am the proud owner of my own 2.5lb clutch centering tool...available for a low rental fee to anyone who wants to get their own aftermarket clutch...LOL...

Starbuck - 2006 MCS: JCW Engine and Suspension, Alta: 19mm Rear Anti-Sway Bar, Rear Control Arms (top & bottom), Rear End-Links, Alta intake hose, Alta Intercooler Diverter v2

Hmmmn...didn't think of that. BTW - the clutch tool is only for 2005 and up Getrag 6 speed...all Getrag 6 speed prior to 2005 have a slightly different tool...

Autotecnica - the shop in Manassas - had the clutch installed within 30 minutes or so with the tool...

now for getting the rest of Starbuck put back together - that's another thing...

Wouldn't MoS repalce it again since it hasn't been two years since the replaced it ????? I thought any part that is replaced has a two year warranty from Mini ???

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] MR EZ; 06 MCS HB/HB, Sport, Conv, Cold, Areo Kit, Rack, JCW wing, rear fog and lots of nice stickers

well, i contacted my SA and never got anywhere....so - i decided to go my own way.

the end of the story is that the throw-out bearing broke into 2 parts (outside was separate from inside)....

I haven't had the time to take close-up photos - but I will do so and send copies to MoS and MiniUSA - hopefully this weekend - by Certified mail.... I am less than thrilled that a 1 year old throwout bearing BROKE.....

it was installed by Autotecnica (http://www.autotecnicava.com) located in Manassas, VA. I had them install my JCW suspension and a 4 wheel alignment at a very reasonable rate 1.5 years ago. Joe charges about $75 an hour...