Yes, and the drip gets worse in hot weather until all of the excess cosmoline is out of the nooks and cranies. Try to wipe it off as soon as you see it because the staining will only get worse.

Mine are pretty bad so I cover the stains periodically with any of the various products designed to protect plastic trim from sun fading. I haven't tried black wow yet but may do so down the line.

At one point, a dealer mechanic suggested that I could have the fenders replaced under warranty. But, when I asked them to do that the story changed - they might discount the fender somewhat but I'd still have to pay for it and installation. All they really do is coat it with trim protector and buff it out. It looks good for a while and then the stains start to show again.

I didn't know what cosmoline was so I googled it. Then I found that Prima has a product that will remove it

http://www.showcarsupplies.com/shopexd.asp?id=178&bc=no

Thanks for the link Ali, "Cosmoline" is sprayed between the bonnet's two panels as well as door panels to prevent corrosion.

When it gets hot outside it seems to ooze out and stain the fender trim above the front wheels. :banghead:

Oh well, I'm going to try to clean it the best I can if that doesn't work hopefully MINI will replace it under warranty. *fingers crossed*