smak

Hitch Installation

New to the forums...

I have a 2011 Countryman S that I am wanting a hitch on. Leaning toward the MiniFini right now.

Can anyone recommend a good place for the install? preferably in VA.

Thanks a bunch. Looking forward to being part of the community here.

-smak

Hi Smak and welcome. The MINIFINI is a great choice :top:

If you prefer working with the dealership, I believe Passport MINI of Alexandria would have no problem installing it. However, a private shop may charge less, in which case, there is Mach V in Sterling and Bilbo Automotive in Alexandria. Those are the two off the top of my head.

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

UHaul now has a trailer hitch for the Mini and I'm having one installed on my 2012 clubman tomorrow. It fits behind the rear license plate. The total cost for hitch and install is $292.

I believe U-Haul uses Curt hitches.

EDIT: Yup, looks like a Curt: http://www.uhaul.com/pubshandler.ashx?id=22187&digest=cmTAQxjs21LxLi+arzdUaw

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Will, your link didn't work. Could you try again?

Nevermind... it works if you go to

http://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Trailer-Hitches/

Enter your vehicle Year, Make, and Model.

Select the location near you. (that's why the link is specific to your search).

Sportframe 1 1/4 inch Rec (Powder Coat) $129.95

• Class 1 hitch
  • Max weight: 2,000 lbs,
  • Part number: 24820 (Instock)
    Hitch Installation Guide - Model 24820
  • Hitch image shown is for display purposes only and may not reflect the actual hitch for this vehicle.

Class I and II Pin & Clip $1.39

• Fits Class I and II receiver style hitches.
  • 1/2" Diameter
  • Part number: 3130

Pulse Width Modulation System Stop/Tail ST $79.95

• PWM Powered Converter - stop/tail (ST) - Circuit Protected
  • Part number: 56200

Hitch installation $90.00

Hitch installation online discount -$10.00

Wiring installation $60.00

$5 unlimited lifetime warranty $5.00

$10 wiring service plan $10.00

Tax: $10.95

Total: $377.24

Edited by Poison Ivy

Signature.JPG

Kind of along the same lines, but not exactly. If anyone come across someone selling their OEM (or compatible) Luggage rack or MINI Roof Box that attaches to the OEM Roof Rack Base Support System, could you please let me know? I don’t monitor the other MINI sites like NAM. Much appreciated!

Signature.JPG

Kind of along the same lines, but not exactly. If anyone come across someone selling their OEM (or compatible) Luggage rack or MINI Roof Box that attaches to the OEM Roof Rack Base Support System, could you please let me know? I don’t monitor the other MINI sites like NAM. Much appreciated!

I just PM'd a seller on NAM for pics. Will let you know.

Doc you couldn't open attached.

24825.pdf

24825.pdf

Will, your link didn't work. Could you try again?

Nevermind... it works if you go to

http://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Trailer-Hitches/

Enter your vehicle Year, Make, and Model.

Select the location near you. (that's why the link is specific to your search).

Sportframe 1 1/4 inch Rec (Powder Coat) $129.95

• Class 1 hitch

• Max weight: 2,000 lbs,

• Part number: 24820 (Instock)

Hitch Installation Guide - Model 24820

• Hitch image shown is for display purposes only and may not reflect the actual hitch for this vehicle.

Class I and II Pin & Clip $1.39

• Fits Class I and II receiver style hitches.

• 1/2" Diameter

• Part number: 3130

Pulse Width Modulation System Stop/Tail ST $79.95

• PWM Powered Converter - stop/tail (ST) - Circuit Protected

• Part number: 56200

Hitch installation $90.00

Hitch installation online discount -$10.00

Wiring installation $60.00

$5 unlimited lifetime warranty $5.00

$10 wiring service plan $10.00

Tax: $10.95

Total: $377.24

Oh, you got in.

That's interesting, the hitch installation for my locations is only $55, but mine (and the OP) is on a Clubbie, I didn't check for any other MINI.

Just emailed you pics from seller of one on NAM.

You receive any of the emails/PMs I sent?

OMGosh Will, I'm so sorry, I didn't see it until I deleted a bunch of my junk. Too many "daily deal" emails. I checked with Geno and he suggested that I hold off for a luggage rack instead of the box since the box limits what can be hauled, unlike the luggage rack that can hold bigger dementions with the right bungy cords. Thank you so much for passing this along and following up. I'll do better next time!

Signature.JPG

Hey, just a point to think about. I don't have anything against U-Haul as they are merely providing a service, but Curt hitches may want to be avoided as they are a dishonest company profiting off the hard work and design efforts of the MINI loving company Mini-Do-More. They have stolen the designs for all their MINI hitches from these guys. Fortunately, Mini-Do-More's prices are comparable. I say supporting a small Mini friendly business is much better than a dishonest company only out for a buck anyday, even if it costs $10-20 more!

Yeah, I've heard the same from several sources.

So here's some additional information:

• The price difference for my hitch is $65, not $5 or $10. It is more like $5 or $10 on the wiring harness.
  • Brent Breon, whom I communicated with last June when I was originally looking to install the hitch, no longer owns the business, OutMotoring does. They simply put the order through to the same manufacturer that Brent did.

The hitch I ordered just arrived today. When I ordered it back on March 3rd OM didn't have it in stock and I had to wait for them to get it in from the manufacturer (or maybe they did a drop ship). Regardless I'll be having it installed this weekend.