68wmcs

MINI Space Saver wheel/tire

I was cleaning out the spare bedroom and forgot I had the MINI Cooper Space Saver wheel and tire. I bought it as a "just in case" for my MCS.

$75 picked up

image-17_zpsb3292d61.jpeg

image-18_zps6959a188.jpeg

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

I was cleaning out the spare bedroom and forgot I had the MINI Cooper Space Saver wheel and tire. I bought it as a "just in case" for my MCS.

$75 picked up

image-17_zpsb3292d61.jpeg

image-18_zps6959a188.jpeg

Mike - I'll take it! I was just going to go in search for one of these.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Yeah I know. I just don't want to have to spend a lot of money haha. But what's extra money when you have peace of mind?

Yup yup. I'm looking to do the same since I got rid of my stock RFTs. I don't worry about getting a flat locally as much as I do when out of town, e.g., anytime to, during and on the way back from MOTD.

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Yup yup. I'm looking to do the same since I got rid of my stock RFTs. I don't worry about getting a flat locally as much as I do when out of town, e.g., anytime to, during and on the way back from MOTD.

YUP, that is my biggest fear. Ali and I were actually talking about it today and our dislike for the run flats.

With a little research in cars that have the same lug pattern, you can usually find the tire at a "pick and pull" or other junk yard for less than $20. I got one that was never used. In my S Clubman, the nut is still in the boot to mount it. The pin and wing nut from a "justa" clubman is only about $11 from a MINI parts location. Of course with other models, some kind of bag is going to be needed.

Stephanie - you should be able to find a spare with a 4x100 bolt pattern most anywhere. There aren't many pick-n-pull yards around here that I know of though. There are a couple of them on CL right now and you can get them for $10-$30. Lots of Honda's have the same 4x100 pattern. You'll probably be like me though, you can only use that spare on the rear so if you have a flat on the front, it means you'll be doing a double swap (remove good rear, install spare, remove flat front, install tire that was on the rear). Two reasons for that - Front wheel drive so you need the same diameter tire and the space saver spares may not fit with the R56 brake calipers.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

You know what, I wonder if Justin has an extra donut or something since his xA is also 4x100. That would probably be the smartest option.

Well Steph, once I get my wheels on I'll have my 4x100 steelies available.

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!