DuB?

Hmmmmm window issues...

Sooo the other day I ran into a little issue (lol) Went into a curb at medium speed. (dowsed off :frown: ) My window stopped functioning all together. Finally got around to disassembling the door to check out the regulator and other parts and find this...

hILv2l.jpg

The wires, im guessing are used like a pulley system, were choked up around the gear on my reg. Not sure if there is an easy way to fix this issue. Any one know where I can get OEM window parts besides a junk yard?

Thanks

DuB?

No luck this week with ma mini :banghead:

'07 MCS | M7 AGS-R| M7 heatshield | RissRacing catless DP | Invidia Q300 | Vmaxx coils | Alta Endlinks

Have you tried emailing the guy parting out his MINI S on Craigslist?

Ill email him, But I think the r56 has a different window system then the r53. Thanks for the heads up!

'07 MCS | M7 AGS-R| M7 heatshield | RissRacing catless DP | Invidia Q300 | Vmaxx coils | Alta Endlinks

should be a pretty simple, straight forward fix. . . though I am not sure why a curb check would throw things off. . . it's either a motor, breaker, or a whole assembly. I am not even sure why a curb check would even effect your window, period. Check your connections. If it didn't set off your airbags, then I am not sure how this would have changed the motor function of the window. You found stock wiring, from what I see... if your airbag didn't go off, then it should be a simple fix.

Stay alert, please.

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

should be a pretty simple, straight forward fix. . . though I am not sure why a curb check would throw things off. . . it's either a motor, breaker, or a whole assembly. I am not even sure why a curb check would even effect your window, period. Check your connections. If it didn't set off your airbags, then I am not sure how this would have changed the motor function of the window. You found stock wiring, from what I see... if your airbag didn't go off, then it should be a simple fix.

Stay alert, please.

Those are wires, They are metal cables =/ When I had the panels off today everything was secure. This Im reallllly low the curb check did a lil more damage =(

Windows are the topic, so I'm hopefully in luck!

I've had a window issue lately as well - but I didn't doze (this time! in this car...) off! :sleep:

For the past few days my drivers side window doesn't completely go back up after I close (I have a convertible) the door. I haven't done anything to damage the door, so I have a feeling it is electrical. Oddly enough (related or not) I can't get the side mirrors to fold in either. I haven't gone to the lengths of taking the door off yet, but it just started, so I figured I would ask first.

Any ideas on what might be wrong - if it's a quick fix or should I let the dealership deal with it when I bring it in for its next check up (in about a month)? I just got the car in August and it has a 60K mile warranty.

Thanks!

Those are wires, They are metal cables =/ When I had the panels off today everything was secure. This Im reallllly low the curb check did a lil more damage =(

Did you try Pelican parts? I drove a VW for a couple of years and it was almost an annual requirement to replace the window regulators (there's a class action lawsuit again VW for it) and I used to buy the parts from them. Not inexpensive for the VW at least.

Here's a link to the the parts on realoem.com

Windows are the topic, so I'm hopefully in luck!

I've had a window issue lately as well - but I didn't doze (this time! in this car...) off! :sleep:

For the past few days my drivers side window doesn't completely go back up after I close (I have a convertible) the door. I haven't done anything to damage the door, so I have a feeling it is electrical. Oddly enough (related or not) I can't get the side mirrors to fold in either. I haven't gone to the lengths of taking the door off yet, but it just started, so I figured I would ask first.

Any ideas on what might be wrong - if it's a quick fix or should I let the dealership deal with it when I bring it in for its next check up (in about a month)? I just got the car in August and it has a 60K mile warranty.

Thanks!

Sometimes, I have a similar problem - especially if I've messed around with the weather strip. I don't remember if the Cabrio has auto up windows or not - can you tap/release to open or close your windows or do you have to hold it?

Try this. With the car running, run the window all the way down. Then, press and hold the window switch up and once the window is closed, continue to hold while counting to 15 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, etc.) and when you reach 15, press and hold down and do the same thing. Then try it. If that didn't fix the problem, try starting the window in the up position. I'm pretty sure I found the right way by doing a google search for something like "resetting MINI windows" but I don't remember the exact sequence. I do know that I did it while we were waiting to get on White's Ferry for the Passport of Montgomery County picnic.

Edited by cmcveay

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Thanks! This looks easy enough! I don't have the auto-up feature but hopefully this will work!

Sometimes, I have a similar problem - especially if I've messed around with the weather strip. I don't remember if the Cabrio has auto up windows or not - can you tap/release to open or close your windows or do you have to hold it?

Try this. With the car running, run the window all the way down. Then, press and hold the window switch up and once the window is closed, continue to hold while counting to 15 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, etc.) and when you reach 15, press and hold down and do the same thing. Then try it. If that didn't fix the problem, try starting the window in the up position. I'm pretty sure I found the right way by doing a google search for something like "resetting MINI windows" but I don't remember the exact sequence. I do know that I did it while we were waiting to get on White's Ferry for the Passport of Montgomery County picnic.

Update: This worked - the window is back to normal! To ensure it was not the top, I also raised and lowered that. Thanks a million!

Edited by KathGar
Status Update

Did you try Pelican parts? I drove a VW for a couple of years and it was almost an annual requirement to replace the window regulators (there's a class action lawsuit again VW for it) and I used to buy the parts from them. Not inexpensive for the VW at least.

Here's a link to the the parts on realoem.com

Huge Thanks! Ill look into it asap! :rock:

Interesting, and awesome! Thanks for the tip, Craig!!

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr