TATTRAT

GTA Car Kit for iPod/MP3 Playing?

Hey all, just a quick question, sorry for the wall of text. . . .

I am sorry in advance if this has been discussed, but I just haven't seen anything, or found anything while searching.

Is anyone familiar with this product?

http://www.gtacarkits.com/mini_cooper_2001_2006_car_kit.php

I had found ONE thing saying a person had connected it, their brake lights wouldn't turn off, they disconnected it and everything was fine. They returned it with NO issues, and they said the company was very professional.

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/navigation-and-audio/210787-gta-ipod-kit-causes-electrical-issue.html

BUT, after going through the reviews form customers on the site, that were MINI specific, there are some glowing reviews. . .

"I got my car kit this afternoon and had it installed literally in 15 minutes! I had the video loaded on my lap top just in case I needed to reference it but you guys made the kit so easy to install that even if I had never watched the video, I still would have been able to install it in short order.

I love the sound quality, the fact that I can still use all of my stock buttons, and that the music information displays right on my radio face! I just dumped all my music into one giant playlist.

Now if only someone would be so kind as to update all of my music so that all of the song titles are correct. :p

I can't explain how thrilled I am that someone made something so clean and simple, It does exactly what I wanted it to do without having to put an aftermarket stereo in and having to spend a TON more.

Now I'm going to bring the two tools that I needed back into the house and go for a good long drive listening to my music coming through my speakers!!"

Jennifer, Milwaukee, USA (comment received on Facebook wall)

"I've had FM transmitters in the past and the audio quality was unacceptable.

Your price point was far better than anyone else on the web! I also saw the installation on YouTube and it looked simple enough that even I could do it! I'm a complete novice when it comes to stuff like this.

The shipping was very fast!

Installation was easier than I expected and I did not have to buy any extra tools. The video was extremely helpful. I went back to it several times to check that I was doing it correctly.

I am using my iPhone 3GS. I ran the iPod cable and AUX jack through the bottom vent as shown in the video.

The GTA Car Kit features I like the most was the ease of installation and how the product works flawlessly with my Mini Coopers stereo system. I can use the steering wheel stereo buttons and it charges my phone.

I had trouble with the connector from the GTA kit to the cars stereo connector. At first it was not making a clean connection and I had no audio. I called your support line last week and you were very helpful on the phone. I did not have the plugs seated firmly. A little adjusting and everything is fine. I taped it with a small amount of duct tape just to make sure it did not unseat. I noticed in the video that you had a similar problem when first trying to connect the adapters. Not a huge problem and the product works flawlessly.

The GTA Car Kit is a GREAT value for the money! I'm glad I found you on the web and I'm glad you make such a great product. I highly recommend the kit for everyone.

Judson from Bellefonte, PA, USA"

Just wondering if there was any other real world experience with this. The price point is attractive, the install looks SUPER easy, and fits the needs I am looking for. Looks to be a far better alternative than just getting the AUX cable/adapter from Way, but, I have posted this question on 2 other MINI Boards, and LOADS of looks, NO REPLIES.

If you can tolerate the dudes voice, there is a video for the install and demo of the product, I really want to order, but I would also really like some feedback from anyone who already knows.

Craig, Edge, I know you both are really versed in the electrical side of MINI (but I know mine is 1st Gen) Any help would be appreciated!!

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr