I'm going to need to replace Cricket's brake pads soon and I'm not sure what my best option is.

Right now, I have the Hawk Ceramics (aka Performance) pads. They offer another option called Hawk HPS. From what I can tell the HPS pads are more agressive - so they'd be better for autocross, but they aren't a "track pad".

I'm open to using another brand, but I've been happy with Hawks and they don't create much brake dust. :)

Any thoughts?

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Laura - I also used the Hawk pads and really enjoyed them because of the way they worked and the low dust.

Right now, I have a set of EBC "Red Stuff" pads to put in Merlin. The biggest difference between the two is that the EBC pads are notched to allow the use of the OEM brake wear sensors. If that's not important to you, I'd say you should go with the Hawk HPS as they will be better for your autocross experience and from my experience, they still work well on the street. That said, I only had them on the rear since I had the Wilwood brakes up front.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I have a set of 1st gen BMW front & rear pads w. 75% or better life on them for ~$30, frankly they came w. the car but I found them too dusty for my taste.

Replaced them this weekend with Akebono EUR939 & EUR1060 EURO Ultra-Premium Ceramic front & rear. After 2 days so far no complaints.

I have had the Hawk HPS (high performance street) on my 300zx and 240sx for many years and have no complaints for around town use, autocross or at the Dragon. When at the track the Z gets Hawk HT-10s.

2006 R53 6 Speed with Aero

British Racing Green

------------------------------------------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]