LostDenverite

Lights, lights and lights

Haha I can find you a triangle light for you lol hook it on the back of ur car

lolol! actually I just took the driving lights out so now I'm down to 3 different shapes.

What you can do is when you feel ok and putting it on your truck put it down low inside the grill. hide it

There's a rectangular recess in the truck's bumper perfect for this light bar, it's where everybody mounts them...I was just so curious how it would look mounted to the hood of the mini haha.

2009 MCS - Passenger seat delete--Rear seat delete--Arm rest delete--Cup holder delete--Seat Belt Delete--Cup holder added back because coffee

Today I installed MINI's retrofit 25w xenon headlights on my 2009 R56. In theory they were not supposed to work on my production year model at all. Not entirely true. The lights work just fine. However, the module that is on the passenger side footwell sends a fault code when I start the engine that the lights are not operating even though they are. (I get the yellow headlight with an exclamation point but it goes away after a minute or so.) A MINI tech buddy tried clearing the fault code but it returns. Best guess is that the footwell module doesn't play well with the other updated module. Has anyone else run into this?

Trunk light.

I picked up a Rite Light Wireless LED Puck Light at WalMart. Drilled a hole in the dummy plug that goes in the accessory outlet and mounted the backing plate to the dummy plug. $7 for the light and 10 minute job. Runs on 3 AAA batteries so no wiring, and the light tilts. Works like a champ for me.

IMG_0210.jpg

I picked up a Rite Light Wireless LED Puck Light at WalMart. Drilled a hole in the dummy plug that goes in the accessory outlet and mounted the backing plate to the dummy plug. $7 for the light and 10 minute job. Runs on 3 AAA batteries so no wiring, and the light tilts. Works like a champ for me.

IMG_0210.jpg

Cool. Different logistics in the rear of my Clubbie (which I can't show you a pic of as she's at PMOA for the entire holiday weekend and I'm driving loaner Stormtrooper Countryman)

Where you've drilled your hole is the exact location of the power port in my boot (yep, Clubbies have a 2nd one back there). I've been trying to figure out how to duplicate the existing lighting that is on one side in the boot to the other. I know the trick for installing the 2nd reverse light is getting an OEM UK one, but I haven't investigated very far in doing the same with the boot light.

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Cool. Different logistics in the rear of my Clubbie (which I can't show you a pic of as she's at PMOA for the entire holiday weekend and I'm driving loaner Stormtrooper Countryman)

Where you've drilled your hole is the exact location of the power port in my boot (yep, Clubbies have a 2nd one back there). I've been trying to figure out how to duplicate the existing lighting that is on one side in the boot to the other. I know the trick for installing the 2nd reverse light is getting an OEM UK one, but I haven't investigated very far in doing the same with the boot light.

The R56 has the same 12v receptacle in the rear as the R55. That's what was used as a base mount for the extra light.

I'll save you some research time: http://www.newministuff.com/new/shop.php?action=productshow&id=804

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Where you've drilled your hole is the exact location of the power port in my boot (yep, Clubbies have a 2nd one back there).

The light is actually mounted to the dummy plug in the power port. You can remove it and use it for a flashlight if needed or if you need the port for something else.