So here's a stretch. . .I'm trying to find a source for methanol (extra fuelling to keep Alice happy.) Anyone know of a source? I already asked Mach V and he didn't seem to know of anyone close. Any ideas?

Alice Cooper - Hyper Blue R53 with a few light mods

???? - Montego Blue 335xi with even lighter mods

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The only people using methanol around here are dirt track and sprint car racers. They probably sell it in the pits at Winchester, Hagerstown, and Lincoln speedways. You might try going on line and see if there is a speed shop advertisement in Area Racing News. I believe that is the name of the paper that covers those tracks. I bought it in 55 gallon drums when I raced go-karts. What do you want it for?

Are you tuning for the added fuel value and octane value of Methanol? Or are you tuning to cool the intake charge and therefore lower the point of pre-ignition? Lowering the intake charge temperature is what water injection does. Be careful methanol in high concentrations will eat your fuel lines and other components. It also absorbs water and when the weather changes can leave plain water in your gas tank.

I'm using it for cooling (seen up to a 50* delta in IAT), fuelling and octane. Don't worry, I'm very aware of what the whole setup does.

I'm using an aquamist 3 system installed by Howerton Engineering (he produces the methanol injection setup that RMW uses.) I have a dedicated tank in my boot and am running teflon lined AN hoses from the Methanol pump up to the nozzle which is tapped into the supercharger horn. Every part of the system installed was designed to be run with Methanol. . .this was in no way a hacked together system.

The Methanol injection itself was tuned by Jan from Revolution Mini. . .currently I only have the one map for injection (got to make sure I don't run out of alky) but at the moment I'm working on getting a standalone ECU running properly and from that we'll have a second map that the ECU will switch to if we there's a blip in pressure in the methanol lines. With the injection I burn through maybe half to a full gallon of methanol per tank of gas depending on how I drive during that tankful.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would really like to see your set up at some point. I want to add water methanol injection when I build a high performance engine. If you are interested I have some of the technical papers written on water injection during the war. Pratt & Whitney the aircraft engine company did a lot of development on it. I will point out that water has about double the latent heat of vaporization that methanol has. That means for equal amounts of methanol or water, water absorbs twice as much heat.

Be happy to show you my setup, I come to mini meets whenever I can. I'm running an older version of Jeff's HFS-3 (If I remember correctly, I have one of the first 3 HFS-3's in the states. . .the other two are on Longboards and Jeff's minis.) He set me up with a pretty neat little custom 1 gallon tank and mounting bracket that fits on the little jack clips in the boot. Lots of info on his website.

http://howertonengineering.com/

I'd love to read up on those docs, do you have digital copies you could shoot my way?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]