RyanMBlue

Detailing on GroupOn today

I didn't use this company, but did another Groupon detailing a few years ago.

It took forever to get an appointment, because they'll only do one or two groupons in a day. I think it took us months, and others had a similar experience. I remember Quitta complaining about how long it took.

The place that I bought from did a half ass job. I was really disappointed in the work. I remember wax was not properly removed and the interior dash had streaks. I also found spots where there was still a layer of grime, so he wasn't even washed properly.

The place I went to was in Sterling, so it wasn't the place that you're looking at. I will never do another detailing Groupon again after the experience I had. I just don't trust that they'll do a good job when they offer a really good deal.

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I didn't use this company, but did another Groupon detailing a few years ago.

It took forever to get an appointment, because they'll only do one or two groupons in a day. I think it took us months, and others had a similar experience. I remember Quitta complaining about how long it took.

The place that I bought from did a half ass job. I was really disappointed in the work. I remember wax was not properly removed and the interior dash had streaks. I also found spots where there was still a layer of grime, so he wasn't even washed properly.

The place I went to was in Sterling, so it wasn't the place that you're looking at. I will never do another detailing Groupon again after the experience I had. I just don't trust that they'll do a good job when they offer a really good deal.

Ali

Isn't that kind of harsh Ali? You went to another place, not even the same company but because this place is offering services through Groupon, they are lumped into the same category as the others? Seems kind of harsh to me...

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Isn't that kind of harsh Ali? You went to another place, not even the same company but because this place is offering services through Groupon, they are lumped into the same category as the others? Seems kind of harsh to me...

You're right, I was harsh. This other place could be just fine. I just took the experience I had and decided that for detailing I won't do Groupons. I did clarify it wasn't with that company, but I remember other people having a very hard time getting appointments with other Groupon detailers. I can't remember which company's those were.

I buy a lot of Groupon's, it seems that some things are better suited to their deals then others. Restaurants work out great. I had a similar problem with massages, where I would have to wait weeks or months before a Groupon slot opens up.

Tggrrr010.jpg

As much as it may have been harsh, it was something that made me realize that I am sure companies that get a HUGE influx of business from something like GroupOn probably do skimp on the services a bit since they have to go through so much in that period of time.

I am perfectly happy finding a company I like to do a nice full detailing, since I am WAY too lazy to do it right :(

You're right, I was harsh. This other place could be just fine. I just took the experience I had and decided that for detailing I won't do Groupons. I did clarify it wasn't with that company, but I remember other people having a very hard time getting appointments with other Groupon detailers. I can't remember which company's those were.

I buy a lot of Groupon's, it seems that some things are better suited to their deals then others. Restaurants work out great. I had a similar problem with massages, where I would have to wait weeks or months before a Groupon slot opens up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I bought a deal for ParkClean through Groupon or LivingSocial (Can't remember) and my experience was great. I have also experienced that if I was dissatisfied with the service provided or lack there of, Groupon/LS was willing to refund my money. That's why I'm not affraid to take the gamble on the good deal. Not every company is right for these deals, but I find them to be the exemption, not the rule.

Signature.JPG

I bought 2 Groupons about 2 years ago. Took a little while to get an appointment, as the guy was a bit overwhelmed with business due to the Groupon. They did an ok job on Jennifer's Subaru. But, you get what you pay for.

If you're expecting a knock-out detail job, where even the door jambs are sparkling, you're not gonna get it with a Groupon. But they'll do a decent job, for 'most' people. Car enthusiasts aren't 'most' people. ;)

I bought 2 Groupons about 2 years ago. Took a little while to get an appointment, as the guy was a bit overwhelmed with business due to the Groupon. They did an ok job on Jennifer's Subaru. But, you get what you pay for.

If you're expecting a knock-out detail job, where even the door jambs are sparkling, you're not gonna get it with a Groupon. But they'll do a decent job, for 'most' people. Car enthusiasts aren't 'most' people. ;)

Jim I think you hit the nail on the head, there are probably a lot of people that would have been perfectly satisfied with the job I got. Probably wouldn't have even noticed the dirt and wax they missed. I have friends that think going through the car wash once a year is enough, of course they're all driving pretty nondescript boring cars :dead:.

Tggrrr010.jpg