grmncrsnbr

Eva timeline thread

Some updates, black out belt line kit, smoked the side markers and tint as of this afternoon, on the way still is my custom headlights, black grill, door handle covers and painting the trunk handle cover. Still need to figure out how I want to get rid of the tail light chrome.

6314017546_59e3d9c74c_z.jpg

Day309 by grmncrsnbr, on Flickr

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ali - he's a recent convert to the mirrorless cameras from Nikon. Although I do like that nice looking new Nikon mirrorless, I don't know if I want to spend a grand on what is, essentially, a point and shoot with detachable lenses.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I love seeing a well loved MINI.

What are you shooting with? We seem to mostly have Nikon shooters, but I am part of the smaller Canon contingency. I don't know why but photography types seem to love their MINIs.

DId lots with the Nikon but have converted to a Sony NEX-5N mirrorless. Same size sensor with more megapixels and better low light capability than the D90 had. Plenty of adapters to fit any lens onto it. Working great so far.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've got a D700 and a D40x if you'd like to go out and shoot with a Nikon to see how they work. Ali and I joke around about Nikon vs. Canon and it's all good fun but, to be honest, there's so little difference between what either camera is capable of, it's just a matter of personal choice.

I actually used to shoot with Canon's but what turned me off was when Canon released new bodies that wouldn't work with their older lenses. With Nikon, I can grab almost any vintage (I said almost, there are some exceptions) Nikon SLR/DSLR lens and use it. Even the old school manual focus, manual Fstop lenses will work on the newest DSLR body. For me, that's a big selling point because I don't have to unload a bunch of perfectly good glass if I upgrade camera bodies. What's really cool is that I can take my 70-300mm zoom from the D700, put it on the D40x and, because of the cropped sensor, it becomes a 105-450mm zoom. Basically, any lens from the D700 is increased by 1.5x when it goes on the D40x. I don't have to buy two sets of lenses that way.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I love seeing a well loved MINI.

What are you shooting with? We seem to mostly have Nikon shooters, but I am part of the smaller Canon contingency. I don't know why but photography types seem to love their MINIs.

I also shoot with a Canon!

Very nice mini, looks well loved!

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!