teamholly

Frustrating Audio System

I'm experiencing a truly annoying behavior from my Countryman's HK sound system. I am hoping for some hints/guidance/solutions.

If I've been listening to my iPod, when I next get in the MINI sometimes the radio comes on. Other times the iPod pucks up where it left off. The sound system seems to randomly choose the audio source. Drives me nuts. I've been unable to figure out why. :banghead:

Any ideas?

Leo,

The MINI's have a weird thing where they don't power down completely for up to about 30 minutes after you've walked away. I mention that because it might be the difference in the audio source that it comes up with when you get back in it. If you are out and right back in (within 20-30 min) does it start playing from the last source you had selected? If it's for longer, does it change to another source?

I didn't have the HK system in my previous MINI and I never noticed that and now, in the current MINI, I do have the HK but, I haven't put the "MINI iPod" in it yet.

Another thought just occurred to me. If the iPod powers off after xx minutes when you turn the car off, the audio system is probably going to go to a default source since it's not seeing the last source that you used. It might be worth looking into the settings on the iPod to see if it's timing out and turning itself off after a certain period of inactivity.

Have you checked on NAM to see if others are having the same problem?

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

MINI might store individual settings to each key, so if you're using a different key to access/start your MINI it might revert to the audio settings of when that key was last used, rather than the last time you drove.

That said, it's more likely something that Craig mentioned.

I post stuff on my MINI here: http://techometerblog.com/

Yarsay,

I thought of the key. I habitually use one key (another annoyance - all the settings revert to default if I use the other). The key does not seem to be the issue; I get the "lost source" effect with the one key.

Consider me stumped then. I haven't noticed the same issue in mine (I'm using an old iPod Video that I leave permanently in the car hooked up through the proprietary $$$ USB + audio jack connector).

Always seems to resume with the last audio source I used unless I've disconnected the iPod at some point or if the battery discharged. Or I might just not notice.

I post stuff on my MINI here: http://techometerblog.com/