Gart

Linking Bluetooth w/MINI

I recently purchased a smartphone so I tried to link it to the mini so i can use the hands free option while driving(bluetooth droid x2 if that matters ). All went well until the center console of the mini asked for a passcode # or something like that. I thought the number was supposed to be in the owners manual but I cant seem to find it. Suggestion/help please. :frown:

Gary,

When you go into the setting on your phone and tell it to be "discoverable", the car the the phone will "talk" to each other. When they decide to start sharing information, the phone should ask for a 4 digit pass code which you enter on the phone. The car will ask for the pass code as well (it's a security feature in BT). Once you've gotten that part done, you should be ready to go.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Not to disagree with the folks who just posted... as they have 2nd Gen experience and mine is only 1st Gen, but...

On my 1st Gen MINI with the full OEM Bluetooth kit installed (i.e. integrates with the steering wheel, center console and my factory Nav system), the Bluetooth module has a specific code that was set at the factory, and I had to use that code to sync my phone to it. I was not able to set my own code.

I just wanted to clarify this for the record. Perhaps the factory Bluetooth option in 2nd Gen MINIs is a different case, as the others have described.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

BT in the 2nd Gen is different, the BT security code is selected by the user.
Awesome. I'm even envious, because the flexibility would be nice. :tongue: A notable technical difference for us all to store in our heads should this come up again. The first question should always then be: "Which Gen?" :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129