wahoo_shoe

MINI on fire on 66 at 267 on-ramp

Hey guys

I just wanted to stop and see if anyone else had seen the poor little yellow (probably Liquid Yellow, from what I could tell) MINI that was, literally, on fire on Sunday around 6 :frown: I was coming from Tysons and decided to take 123 instead of dealing with craptastic Rt 7 and when I was coming around the 267 to 66 spur I saw smoke rising. At first I thought it was all of the Metro construction or that a train has crashed. It wasn't until I saw the car engulfed in flames at the bottom of the on-ramp on to 66-East that I realized it was a car on fire. About 45min later they had it put out and when we all drove by I saw the remains of it. Might have been a soft-top, but it was so burned I couldn't tell. The weird thing is, the bonnet wasn't all that charred, at least in the very front. But man, that thing was a wreck. No sign of the driver but I'm sure he/she got out.

The worst part about the entire backup mess is that after people had moved out of the way (sorta..) of the emergency crews/cops that came screaming over the bridge, people decided to inch their cars up into that extra space... :banghead:

2011 Clubman S - LzB/Black "Clubby"

Go Wahoos!

Saving Second Base, One Mile at a Time! (Round #3, May 2014) http://info.avonfoundation.org/goto/MShoe

Terrible news about the car; i certainly hope it wasn't anybody on here and that they are okay!!!

'03 JB MCS- SOLD: JCW front bumper, intake, exhaust, brakes, CF dash, 15% pulley, Multifunction Steering Wheel retrofit, Euro white taillights, Factory Driving Lights, Wyvern Motorsports Rear Seat Delete, and more....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]