Gigi

Is there such a cable?

I have an R56 with the Y-cable for my iPod/iPhone and can control the device from my steering wheel. Is there such a Y-cable for Droid phone? The reason I ask is because I have a Droid with the Sirius/XM app. I can listen to Sirius through my car speakers by plugging the phone into the aux jack but I can only increase/decrease volume with the buttons on my steering wheel. I can't change stations nor does it display on my big speedo in the center of the dash (it simply shows that the auxillary jack is in use.) I was thinking/hoping/have my fingers crossed that if I had a Y-cable with a USB and two 3.5 stereo ends, the USB side of it would allow the Sirius stations to display and be changed. Am I dreaming that (1) it would work and (2) such a cable exists?

GiGi,

Bad news. There isn't one. The iPod interfaces in the car (there's a module behind the dash for that) and that's how it controls the features. I'm like you, my Sirius is going in through the aux connector and I have to change channels on the controller.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

...dang... I was afraid of that. I hard-wired and stealth-mounted the car dock for my Sirius radio in another vehicle and sold that car without ripping out all of docking stuff. If I should decide to buy another car dock rather than continue to use the app on my phone, will it fit in the cubbie hole behind the shift? (I have an R56) I would like to still be able to move the radio from the car dock to the home docking station I have at work. But also don't want a tangle of wires or the mounting be so obvious to potential thieves. Pros? Cons?