palemud

Successful front speaker replacement

This past weekend, I was successful in a replacing my front door speakers with the Infinity Kappa 60.9cs component speaker system.

Here are a couple pics:

kappa_install1.jpg

kappa_install2.jpg

The install actually wasn't very difficult. The most difficult part was custom making the plate for the tweeter to fit in the door. To do this, I bought a piece of plastic sheet from Home Depot, traced the older speaker on the plastic, used a jigsaw to cut out the outline and center circle for the speaker, drilled screw holes and painted it black. The rest is just running wires and some soldering.

System sounds MUCH better, but I'll be happier when I can replace my rear speakers... which is infinitely more complicated since you just about have to take the entire rear interior out for that....

Hey, I'm really interested in doing the same things you are with the audio. Since I have a cavernous space under my rear seat delete, I've got a place for an aftermarket amp as well.

I'd also like to add some sound deadening to the rear end when doing all of that and I've already got a roll of dynamat ready to go.

When you get ready to do the rear speaker upgrade, give me a shout and I'll be glad to join in.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

That looks nice! I'm also interested in new speakers, I've got to confirm a few things about the R53 first though.

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

If any of you guys need help I used to be a professional stereo installer for best buy. I was getting ready to do a system soon, but after seeing the group buy on the intercooler I might have to delay it.

2009 MINI Clubman Factory JCW CR/B

Helix BOV, DDM CAI, Helix STS, 35% tint, Black R113 wheels, eibach pro kit, 8000K 55w HID's.

2006 MINI Cooper S PS/B 176 fwhp/ 165 fwtq SOLD

2004 Pontiac GTO BLK 389 rwhp / 454 rwtq SOLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm still waiting on Scavenger to stop teasing about a run down to the Crutchfield store! I'll PM you Jason.

Just saw this on Crutchfield's facebook:

"Starting Saturday February 20th our Annual Outlet Clearance Sale begins! Save at least 10% on all in stock Outlet inventory items! The sale runs through March 6th, so be sure to stop by the store and check out all the great deals!"

Maybe it is time for a roadtrip :rock:

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Okay, who's up for a road trip on Monday? I'm starting a new thread under events planning and feelers so I can run a little poll.

Edited by cmcveay

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold