1975_mini

Classic looking for a new home

Classic Mini - 1983 Austin Mayfair

$10,000 — Fairfax, Virginia

We have a 1983 Austin Mayfair, right hand drive, 4 speed, 998cc with a stage 1 kit. The car was imported in early 2015 and it is now completely and legally titled and registered in Virginia with antique tags. For those who followed "The American Job" last year, this is the white Mini that was driven by Alex. Since taking ownership, we've replaced the front seats, wiper motor, done a coolant flush, replaced both side view mirrors and front shocks. We have a few more new parts in boxes.

The car is 33 years old and it wasn't a garage queen before coming to America but it has been garage kept for the past year. The paint has some flaws, it has some rust, a few dents and it could use a good tune up but when you pull the choke and turn the key, it starts, runs and drives just fine. It was a daily driver for Alex before he shipped it across the pond. It wouldn't take much effort to turn this classic into a really, really nice car for events. I'll get photo's to post but I thought I'd test the waters to see what kind of interest there is.

We are selling it only because we really just don't drive it enough to justify keeping it. It is a head turner and lots of fun to drive (once you get over sitting on other side. Message me on FB or contact me via email cmcveay@yahoo.com.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels