etherpool

New HU w/no radio reception. Help!!!

After the usual HK amp failure I decided to go aftermarket and replace the HU. I've rewired the speakers and everything sounds great. Problem is I have virtually no radio reception. I only get two or three FM stations and no AM at all. Car is an 04 R53 with Nav. I did use the FM antenna converter so that I didn't have to cut any wires. There were several wires on the OEM HU that went unused in the new install. Were these antenna power? Any help would be appreciated!

I had the same issue when I swapped radios. Turned out the antenna to adapter connection came loose when I slid the radio into the dash. Wrapping the connection with electrical tape stabilized it enough that its been solid since. Good luck!

Alice Cooper - Hyper Blue R53 with a few light mods

???? - Montego Blue 335xi with even lighter mods

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had the same issue when I swapped radios. Turned out the antenna to adapter connection came loose when I slid the radio into the dash. Wrapping the connection with electrical tape stabilized it enough that its been solid since. Good luck!

Man I wish that was my issue. I checked it before I slid it in the dash and it didn't work. I think it has something to do with the unused wires that came off of the OEM radio harness but I can't find out what they are. GRRR.

I think I may have figured it out. The blue wire for the power antenna/amp power should be connected to the white wire for the factory antenna power. I didn't know to connect this since I didn't install another amp and didn't know what the white wire was. Fingers crossed once the rain goes away!!