bucweat

Mini-Fini Sport-Link install

I have one on my R53, got it installed way back in 2005 when I bought the car. I later upgraded to a stainless steel version, just because. :)

I honestly don't remember how much it cost to install originally, and it was dealer labor (at the time it was a bona-fide OEM dealer option), so I'm afraid I can't give you any valuable perspective on install price.

The owners of Mini-Fini come to MINIs on the Dragon every year, and they do installs on site. I highly recommend you consider that option if you can wait until May. If you can't, give them a call and I'm sure they can offer you good advice on how to get it installed.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Did we talk on Saturday at Halloween shindig? I did get on their mailing list and they didn't have anyone specific to recommend WRT installers...
Yep, we sure did. :smile:

There are probably several local places that can help, both local MINI-related businesses and some individuals. The scariest part of the install is the holes that must be drilled in the bumper cover to accommodate the sport-link ports.

Here's their own video demo of the install process for R56es - the two guys in the video are the owners, Russell Sr. and Russell Jr. Senior is also the one who narrates the video. Great guys, very honest and trustworthy people. I recommend calling them and talking to them directly if you have more questions.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129