kgdblu

Punkin Chunkin

This is the real deal folks! This event has been televised on the Discovery channel in years past. There all kinds of hand built machines that hurl pumpkins....including huge air cannons that can shoot nearly a mile.

Providing the weather's good, we'll meet in Annapolis (exact time and location will be posted closer to the event), and drive to Bridgeville DE.

There food and drink vendors there, but feel free to bring your own food and/or drinks. No alcohol please!

DON'T FORGET TO TURN YOUR CLOCKS BACK ONE HOUR.

I'd like to go. The weather seems to be ok for that day. The problem is that it will be very very muddy. The crowds may not be as large tho'.

This what I'm gonna do. I will be here at 930AM Sunday: Graul's parking lot Taylor Ave. & Rowe Blvd.

Annapolis, MD 21401 I will wait a half hour. If anyone shows up, we'll go together. I won't have route sheets so PLEASE bring your own directions.

Bring cash. The toll for the Bay bridge is $4.50, east bound only. I have EZ Pass so I'll be using that. I'll wait for folks to catch up on the other side of the bridge.

Admission is $10, plus $$$ for vendor food and drink.

1.Bring something to sit on.

2.Dress warmly. Weather is for 50 degrees, partly sunny with a 10mph NW wind. The place is a gigantic field with no shelter from the wind. Think layers so you can add or subtract clothing.

3.Wear shoes that can take slogging through mud but will keep your feet warm.

4.Bring FRS radios.

Don't wash your car...it'll just get muddy.

Edited by kgdblu