CapsFanVA

MINI of Sterling dealership

Has anyone had experience...good or bad with service from this dealership. I took my mini in for an oil change and state inspection and now need about $2500 in repairs. Work ranges from rear break pads that are hitting the sensors to oil and other seals that are cracked and leaking. There are a few other things but a lot of it should be covered under the warranty that I purchased when I bought my mini used last August.

Hoping they are not the type of place to screw you over too badly.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Robert

2007 R52 S Convertible - Rogue (Plates R52FUN)

Has anyone had experience...good or bad with service from this dealership. I took my mini in for an oil change and state inspection and now need about $2500 in repairs. Work ranges from rear break pads that are hitting the sensors to oil and other seals that are cracked and leaking. There are a few other things but a lot of it should be covered under the warranty that I purchased when I bought my mini used last August.

Hoping they are not the type of place to screw you over too badly.

Personally they were way too overpriced for me..recently needed a hose replaced and they quoted mt 1200K...Found a place (Sterling Import Auto) that specializes in BMW and MINI and he only charged me 470 with original parts.. If its under warranty get it done other wise shop around for the non-warranty parts.

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

All dealerships are going to be more expensive than 3rd party shops. Apples and oranges, really.

As for MINI of Sterling (MoS), they went through some rough patches but I think they are pretty solid now, for a dealership. Passport MINI of Alexandria (PMoA) is also very good.

If you still want the work done by a dealership but are concerned about the MoS quote, take the car to PMoA to get a second opinion.

If you aren't set on having a dealer do the repairs, there are a number of 3rd party shops around that will definitely be cheaper. I won't speak to those as almost all service I do is at a dealership, in spite of the prices.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129